Having trouble with your new iPhone 11 Facebook app that’s not working or not loading properly? If so, then this post highlights a few simple solutions for you to refer to. Read on to find out why Facebook may not be able to work as intended on your new iPhone and what must be done in order to fix the problem on your end.
Like many other apps, Facebook also gives into random errors. Most of the time, the transpiring symptoms are just inconsequential and thus, they can be neglected. However, when it comes to loading errors like when the Facebook app doesn’t load or may be able to load up but then crashes, they would require prompt solutions.
Before moving on, feel free to browse through our troubleshooting pages to find potential solutions to other problems with your other Apple devices. If your iPad is in the list of our supported devices, then you can visit its exclusive troubleshooting page and find the problem that you need help dealing with. You can refer to or use our provided solutions and workarounds if needed. In the case where you’d prefer to get direct assistance from us, simply fill up our iOS issues questionnaire and hit submit to contact us.
Troubleshooting a problem on the iPhone 11 Facebook app that’s not working
Performing the following procedures will help eliminate common software-related factors that can possibly cause conflict with Facebook app, resulting in some loading errors. Before you begin troubleshooting, check your internet connection. Online apps like Facebook wouldn’t be able to load properly if your iPhone is experiencing network connectivity issues like intermittent or unstable internet connection. The same thing can happen if your internet connection is way too slow. It may take longer for Facebook app to load up until it eventually disconnects or crashes. If there aren’t any problems with your Internet connection and yet you still couldn’t get Facebook to work on your iPhone, this is the point when you start ruling out individual culprits.
First solution: Force close Facebook and other background apps.
Apps that were left suspended or running in the background for long are likely to end up going rogue. When this happens, atypical behaviors are likely to occur. In most cases, you would end up unable to use the app as it should. If this is what occurs on your iPhone 11’s Facebook application, follow these steps to force close the app so it can start fresh:
- Swipe up and hold from the bottom of the Home screen to launch the app switch. The App Switcher contains previews of the apps you’ve recently opened and left running in the background.
- Swipe through the app previews to find Facebook app.
- Then quick swipe upwards on Facebook app preview to end it.
- Repeat the same steps to end other apps that are left suspended or running in the background.
This will help prevent any of these apps from causing conflicts with Facebook the next time it launches.
Second solution: Soft reset or reboot your iPhone 11.
Minor software problems on the phone may also cause conflicts and impede certain applications. In this case, performing a soft reset or system reboot would be necessary. A soft reset can fix various types of software problems without affecting any saved information. So you can go ahead and carry out a soft reset without creating backups. Simply follow these steps:
- Press and hold both the Side button and either Volume button for a few seconds until the Slide to Power Off appears.
- Release both buttons when the power off slider appears.
- Drag the slider to the right and allow several seconds for your phone to power off.
- After 30 seconds or so, press and hold the Side button again until the Apple logo appears.
Refreshing your iPhone’s internet connection can also do some wonders and therefore be able to fix the problem if random internet connection errors are the underlying cause. That said, you can try turning Wi-Fi off for a few seconds and then turn back on again. The same positive outcome can be achieved by enabling the Airplane mode then disabling it again.
Third solution: Turn off restrictions for Facebook app.
When enabled, restrictions can also stop Facebook app from running on your device. If this feature was unintentionally enabled for Facebook, follow these steps to turn it off so as to allow Facebook to work on your phone as usual:
- Go to the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Select Screen Time.
- Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- If prompted, enter your Screen Time password to continue.
- Then toggle the switch next to Content & Privacy Restrictions to turn the feature OFF.
That should lift all app restrictions on your phone. You can also keep restrictions enabled to restrict or limit other apps and services except Facebook.
Fourth solution: Install pending updates to fix your iPhone 11 Facebook app that’s not working.
Updates are necessary when it comes to addressing bug-inflicted errors. In-app bugs are usually dealt with by an update. Thus, you may have to consider checking for any pending app updates for Facebook app on your iPhone so you can have that implemented right away. Here’s how:
- From the Home screen, tap on the App Store icon to open the application.
- Tap on Today tab at the bottom.
- Then tap on the user profile icon (Apple ID header) on the top right corner of the screen. You should see the account details.
- Scroll down to the Available Updates section.
- Tap on Update next to the Facebook app to install pending update for the app.
- If multiple app updates are available, tap on Update All to update all apps simultaneously.
In order to view these updates, your device must have a stable internet access. To download and install the updates, your device must also have sufficient storage. Once you’ve met all these requirements, everything should work as intended.
Fifth solution: Reinstall Facebook app on your iPhone 11.
Apps can reach its worst state when it gets totally corrupted. If this is what happens to your iPhone’s Facebook app, then you will need to uninstall the problematic version of the application. By doing so, you can download and install the latest and flawless version of the app. Just refer to these steps to get started:
- Long-press on the app icon that you want to delete. In this case, it’s Facebook.
- Keep pressing on the icon when the context menu or quick menu appears and then release when the icon starts to jiggle. When the interface enters jiggle mode, you will see the familiar X button showing on the top-left corner of each app icon.
- Tap on the X button on the Facebook app icon.
- Then tap the red Delete button to confirm that you want to delete the app.
After deleting the application, reboot or soft reset your iPhone. This is recommended to clear your phone’s memory cache and thereby eliminate any potential corrupted temporary files that could inflict another set of problems not only to Facebook but to any other apps on your phone. Once your phone is finished rebooting, download the Facebook app again via App Store. Just continue with these steps:
- Tap the App Store icon from the Home screen.
- Browse the App Store by tapping on Apps at the bottom.
- Scroll then tap the desired category. You can also tap Search to search for apps by name.
- Tap to select the app (Facebook) that you want to download.
- Tap GET to continue.
- Then tap INSTALL to begin app installation.
- If prompted, enter your App Store credentials to confirm app download and installation request.
You may be asked to sign into the iTunes Store to complete the installation. Just follow the onscreen instructions to proceed.
Last resort: Reset all settings on your iPhone 11.
Performing software resets can be considered among the last options. It is very likely that the underlying cause of the problem is from within the operating system of your iPhone, considering the fact that the symptom continues after applying the previous solutions. At this point, your next option and possible solution to try would be a reset on all the settings of your phone. And here’s how it’s done:
- From your Home screen, tap Settings.
- Select General.
- Scroll down to and tap on Reset.
- Select Reset All Settings from the given options.
- Enter your device passcode if prompted to continue.
- Then tap Reset All Settings again to confirm that you want to reset all settings on your phone.
After the reset, your iPhone should reboot automatically and then loads up the original configuration. All your previous settings and personal preferences are deleted, so you’ll have to reconfigure and re-enable individual features so you can use them again on your phone.
Don’t forget to reconnect to your Wi-Fi network so you can get back online and get online apps to work as they should.
Still having trouble with your iPhone 11 Facebook app that’s not working?
Software-related factors that might have interfered with your iphone 11 Facebook app are usually taken care of by the above solutions. If none of them works, then that’s when you should consider seeking more help from Facebook support. There might be some complex in-app errors that need more advanced solutions. Or it’s also possible that the Facebook server is experiencing technical problems and therefore unavailable at the moment. You can view all ongoing outages including Facebook server downtime on downdetector.com. In case Facebook is done, all you can do is to wait until it’s back up and running. Rest assured, it will be sooner than later.
Connect with Us
We are committed to helping our readers fix the problems with their phones as well as learn how to properly use their devices. So, if you have other issues, you may visit our troubleshooting page so you can check by yourself the articles we’ve already published that contain solutions to common problems. Furthermore, we do create videos to demonstrate how things are done on your phone. Visit our Youtube Channel and please subscribe to it. Thanks.