In this post, you will learn what to do if Among Us crashes on iPhone after the iOS 14 update, and understand the reason why such a problem occurs every now and then.
Among Us is one of the most popular games today with more and more gamers making streams every day. But if you’re a gamer, the most annoying thing you can probably encounter is when the game just stops and crashes for no apparent reason and without warning.
Some iPhone users have reported such a problem, wherein the game just stops and closes mid-game. So in this post, we will show you what to do if Among Us crashes on your iPhone. If you’re one of the users or gamers that have encountered this issue, here’s what you should do:
First solution: Close Among Us & force restart your iPhone
When it comes to fixing app crashes, the first thing that you should do is close the app in question and then refresh your phone’s memory. Most of the time, this is all you need to do to fix a problem like this.
- So swipe up from the bottom of the screen and stop at the middle. This will show you all the app previews.
- Swipe up on every preview to close them.
- Once you’ve closed all apps in the background, force restart your iPhone.
When the reboot is finished, try to see if the app now works without crashing.
Second solution: Reinstall the app
If the first solution failed to fix the problem, then the next thing you have to do is uninstall the app and reinstall it. This will remove the app from your iPhone as well as the files that may have been corrupted for some reason. Reinstalling it will ensure you are using the most recent version.
- Go to the screen where the app’s icon can be found.
- Tap and hold on the icon until options show.
- Tap Remove app, then touch Delete app.
- Now, tap Delete to confirm.
- Once the app is uninstalled, launch the App Store, then search for ‘among us.’
- Tap the install icon and wait until the installation is finished.
Most of the time, this will fix simple app crashes. In fact, majority of the cases that we’ve addressed were fixed by the first solution. However, if the problem continues even after this, then you have to reset your iPhone.
Third solution: Factory reset your iPhone
If the first two solutions didn’t help in fixing the app that keeps crashing, then you should just reset your iOS device. Most of the time, it will fix apps that keep crashing and other problems. However, try to get your important files and data backed up as they will be deleted and you may not be able to recover them. When ready, follow these steps to reset your device:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Find and tap General.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and then touch Reset.
- Tap Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Tap Erase Now.
- If prompted, enter your security lock.
- Tap Erase iPhone at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Erase iPhone again to proceed.
- Now enter your Apple ID password, and then tap Erase to proceed with the reset.
Wait until your iPhone has finished the reset, and then set it up as a new device.
We hope that we’ve been able to help you so you can use your device like before without problems.
Please support us by subscribing to our Youtube channel. We need your support so we can continue creating helpful contents in the future.
- How to Create iPhone SE 2020 Memoji on Messages
- How to Enable Apple iPhone SE 2020 COVID Exposure Notification