This post will teach you how to add or set up an email account on the iPhone SE 2020. Read on for more detailed instructions.
Mobile devices particularly smartphones are now becoming a primary medium for email transactions.
For as long as the device is connected, you can process emails at any time in any place. To make this possible, the email account must be set up on your mobile device beforehand.
In iOS devices, email accounts can be set up in the Mail app automatically or manually.
Supported email types would include but not limited to Microsoft Exchange, AOL, Outlook, Hotmail, Google, iCloud, and Yahoo.
The following demo depicts the process of adding and setting up a Google email in the Mail app automatically. Here’s how it’s done.
Easy Steps to Add or Set Up an Email Account on iPhone SE 2020
Time Needed : 10 minutes
Below are the steps portraying the actual process of setting up a Google email account on the new iPhone SE. These steps are likewise applicable to other iPhones running on the same iOS version. Before you begin, make sure you have the email address and password ready.
- Go to the Home screen then find and tap on the Mail icon.
Doing so will launch the built-in email application on your iPhone.
- If you haven't yet set up any email account, launching the Mail app will prompt a list of email service providers for you to choose from.
To set up a Gmail account, tap Google.
A pop up menu opens with a message telling that the Mail app wants to use the Google website to sign in.
- Tap Continue to allow the Mail app and website to share your information.
The Chrome window opens and redirects you to the Google Sign In page.
- To continue, tap the email field and then enter the email address that you'd like to add and set up on your device.
Be sure to enter the complete email address.
- After entering the complete email address, tap the NEXT button.
The password screen opens next.
- Enter the correct password for the email account you entered.
Simply tap on the password field to begin typing the password and then tap Go or Next when done.
If prompted, enter your iPhone passcode to view saved passwords. Otherwise, tap Cancel.
You may also opt to save the password or save it later.
If your Google account has 2-step verification enabled, you will need to allow sign in to your account on your iPhone.
Simply tap Allow from the sign in notification on any of your other devices connected to that account.
After allowing your iPhone sign in, the Google email or Gmail account will be added.
- On the next screen, select the email information that you'd like to sync by turning on their respective switches.
Once you're done making necessary changes, tap Save on the upper-right corner of the screen.
Doing so will save your iPhone's Gmail account settings.
You'll then see a confirmation that your account is already added successfully and then routed straight to your Inbox.
- iOS 13.6
- iPhone SE 2020
Wait for all your emails to load up and populate the inbox screen.
By then you can start viewing and responding to any of your emails through the Mail app.
Just keep your iPhone connected to the Internet so your inbox stays up to date with the latest email messages you’ll receive on your Gmail account.
If you wish to set up another account, just repeat the same steps until you get to select the email type.
In the case where the email you’re setting up is not among the listed email service providers, you should determine if it’s a POP or IMAP account to ensure that the incoming and outgoing servers are correct. This is imperative especially if you’ll go for a manual email setup on your device.
And that covers everything in this walk-through.
To view more comprehensive tutorials and troubleshooting videos on different mobile devices, feel free to visit The Droid Guy channel on YouTube anytime.
Hope this helps!
- Apple iPhone X Email Guide: How to set up and manage email accounts and messages on your iPhone X [Tutorials]
- What to do when you cannot set up email on your Apple iPhone X (easy steps)
- How To Set Up And Manage Emails On iPhone 8 Plus
- How to fix email setup errors on Apple iPhone XR, cannot set up/add email account to Mail app [Troubleshooting Guide]