Google apps like Youtube are being updated regularly to make sure they work properly. However, there are times when they just stop working for no apparent reason. It seems like some iPhone 11 Pro owners are having one of those issues, wherein Youtube can’t play or stream videos.
Problems like this can be just due to minor connection-related issues, or there’s a problem with the app itself. More often than not, you will be able to fix it by doing one or a couple of procedures. That’s what we’re going to show you in this post. So if you’re one of the users with this kind of problem, continue reading as we may be able to help.
First solution: Make sure you have Internet connection
To be able to stream videos, your iPhone must have a stable Internet connection. So if such a problem occurred out of the blue, it’s possible that your device has been disconnected from the Internet.
So make sure that it’s connected to a WiFi or mobile data network. If you’re connected via WiFi, verify that you’re connected to the right network. But if you’re getting a connection via mobile data, try disabling the service for a few seconds and then enable it back.
You may also try running a speed test to know how good or stable your Internet connection is, and then try browsing some sites.
Second solution: Close Youtube and force restart your iPhone
After making sure that your iPhone has a stable connection and yet Youtube still has an issue, then try closing it and do the forced restart to refresh your device’s memory.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and stop at the middle. This will show you the app previews.
- Swipe up on every preview to close them.
- After that, quickly press and release the Volume Up and then the Volume Down buttons.
- Immediately after that, press and hold the Power key. This will trigger your iPhone to shut down and power back up.
- When the Apple logo shows, release the Power key and allow your iPhone to finish the restart.
Once the reboot is finished, open Youtube and see if it can now play or stream videos. If the problem persists, move on to the next solution. .
Third solution: Uninstall Youtube and then reinstall it
Another effective solution to this problem is uninstalling the app in question. Doing so will remove all its associations with the firmware and other apps. After that, reinstall the app to make sure you have the latest version. Here’s how you do those things:
- Go to the screen where the Youtube icon is located.
- tap and hold on its icon until options show.
- Tap Remove app, and then touch Delete App.
- Tap Delete to confirm the deletion of the app.
- Once the app is successfully uninstalled, launch the App store.
- Search for Youtube, and then tap the Install icon.
- Wait for the app to be successfully installed on your iPhone.
- When the installation is finished, tap Open to launch it.
Most of the time, these are the only things you need to do to fix an app that keeps on crashing. However, if for some reason the problem continues, then you have to do the next solution.
Fourth solution: Factory reset your iPhone
A reset will be able to fix this problem but make sure to create a backup of your important files and data because they will be deleted and you may not be able to retrieve them. When ready, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Find and tap General.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and then touch Reset.
- Tap Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Tap Erase Now.
- If prompted, enter your security lock.
- Tap Erase iPhone at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Erase iPhone again to proceed.
- Now enter your Apple ID password, and then tap Erase at the upper-right corner.
Wait until your iPhone has finished the reset, and then set it up as a new device. After that, download and install Youtube and enjoy!
I hope that this simple troubleshooting guide has been helpful.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel and enabling notifications. Thanks for reading!