This post demonstrates a step-by-step guide on how set up a Personal Hotspot or Mobile Hotspot on your new iPhone XS device. Read on to learn more.
Prior electronic devices were designed to perform specific, single task but today’s smartphones are already capable of rendering more. Smartphones are basically programmed to be clever and advanced that they could even combine multiple features found in other devices. And this allows people to benefit more from having a smartphone. As a matter of fact, you can now access the Internet even without using a wireless router or modem, for as long as you’ve got your smartphone and personal hotspot is included in your account/plan. So it’s like using your smartphone as a wireless router.
This can be considered the best alternative solution if you don’t have access to a Wi-Fi network and that you badly needed to go online. If ever you wonder how to get this done on your new iPhone XS handset, then continue to scroll down and read further.
To get started, set up a Wi-Fi hotspot by setting up Personal Hotspot on your iPhone XS with these steps:
- Open the Settings app from Home.
- Then go to Cellular or Mobile Data menu.
- Tap Personal Hotspot then tap the slider to turn the feature ON. If you don’t see Personal Hotspot from the Cellular menu options, contact your carrier and verify if it’s supported in your wireless plan. Otherwise, ask your carrier to change or activate the correct plan for your account.
- When asked to enable Personal Hotspot over Bluetooth, tap the option to Turn on Bluetooth. Otherwise, choose Wi-Fi and USB only option.
- Tap Wi-Fi Password then enter your desired password. Your iPhone will then start creating the Wi-Fi hotspot.
Note: A strong password must be made up of at least eight alphanumeric (numbers and letters combined) ASCII characters. ASCII characters are comprised of all letters in the English alphabet, both uppercase and lowercase, numbers 0 through 9, and some punctuations marks.
Once your iPhone XS Mobile Hotspot is created successfully, you should see the name of the hotspot listed under To Connect Using Wi-Fi section.
With Personal Hotspot enabled, your iPhone connects to the Internet using 3G/4G cellular data network and then broadcasts it through a Wi-Fi connection. This allows your other devices to connect to your iPhone XS Wi-Fi Hotspot.
How to connect your other device(s) to your iPhone XS Wi-Fi hotspot
To check if your iPhone XS Wi-Fi Hotspot works, try to connect your other device. Here’s how:
- Enable Wi-Fi on the device that needs to connect to Personal Hotspot, and then choose your iPhone XS Mobile Hotspot.
- If prompted, enter the correct Wi-Fi Hotspot password. Must be the same password as the one you’ve set up for your iPhone XS hotspot.
Wait for your other device to connect and then you can start browsing the Internet on your other device using the connection provided by your iPhone XS.
If you’re having trouble setting up or using Personal Hotspot or Mobile Hotspot on your iPhone XS, try performing a network settings reset then soft reset or restart your device. That should help clear minor software glitches that may be causing problems to the wireless Internet function of your iPhone.
I hope that this how-to post has helped you one way or another. Please help us spread the word by sharing this post to your friends or people who may also have similar problems. Thanks for reading!