This post shows how to turn email notifications on or off the iPhone 12 Mail app. Read on if you need help configuring the mail app settings to disable or enable notifications for specific email messages.
iOS Mail Notifications
Some people deemed notifications important while others find them annoying. That said, notification features in mobile devices are programmed to be in a binary state. This means that it can be turned on or off by end-users. The same goes for the iPhone’s email notifications.
The new built-in Mail app in iOS devices allows users to enable or disable notifications for a certain email. This means that you can turn notifications off for other emails except the ones from specific senders or email addresses.
Depicted in this quick walkthrough is the process of enabling or disabling notifications for a specific email from the iPhone 12 Mail app’s inbox folder.
Feel free to refer to this guide if you need some input on how to get this done on your new iOS smartphone.
Easy Steps to Turn Email Notifications on or off the iPhone 12 Mail
Be sure to keep your phone’s volume set at an appropriate level to ensure that notifications can be heard. The following steps however do not involve alteration of the volume controls to mute or unmute notification alerts for an email.
1. Whenever you’re ready, go to your Home screen and then tap the Mail icon.
Doing so will launch the Mail app’s main screen.
2. If you’re routed straight to Mailboxes, tap Inbox to access your Inbox folder.
A list of emails will populate the display.
3. From your inbox, scroll up or down to find the email that you’d like to manage notifications on. Then, swipe on the email preview.
A quick menu will launch on the right side of the email preview.
4. Tap More to continue.
Additional settings and controls will show up on the next pop-up menu.
5. Swipe up from the bottom to maximize the menu and view all items. To enable notifications for the selected email, tap Notify me.
That will turn on notifications for that mail.
6. To disable notifications for that email, swipe the email preview to the left to view the quick menu controls. Tap More then swipe up to view additional controls. Finally, tap Stop Notifying from the given items.
Doing so will turn off notifications for the selected email.
Just follow the same steps to turn notifications on or off for other emails in your inbox folder.
And that’s how turning notifications on or off for a specific email on the iPhone 12 Mail is done.
Other Ways to Enable/Disable Notifications
Email notifications on an iPhone can also be managed through the Settings menu.
- To do so, you will need to access the Settings-> Notifications menu and then specify when you want most notification previews for the Mail app to appear. Just choose the Mail app beneath Notification style and then turn the Allow Notifications switch on or off.
Turning on Allow Notifications will prompt you to choose how and where you would want the notifications to show for the Mail app like on the Lock screen or in the notification center.
There is also an option for you to set a notification sound, banner style and badges for your apps.
- Alternatively, you can use Siri to turn off notifications selectively for apps. Just go to Settings-> Notifications-> Siri Suggestions and then turn off the app.
You can also enable the Push notifications feature on your iPhone to get notified on new incoming emails for your Mail Account.
Turning email notifications off or on can also be considered among the potential solutions when dealing with notification issues like unable to get email notifications on your iPhone. Also ensure that your device is running the latest iOS version.
Hope this helps!
More Video Tutorials
To view more comprehensive tutorials and troubleshooting clips on different mobile phones and tablets, feel free to visit The Droid Guy channel on YouTube anytime.
You might also want to read: