If you have two or more iCloud account but you want to delete and keep only one account, it likely possible. Apple allows you to delete an account permanently.
Before we talk about ways on how to permanently delete iCloud account, let us first talk about the difference and connection between iCloud account and Apple ID to avoid confusion. Basically, Apple ID and iCloud are two different accounts but not entirely separate. Why is that so? Simply because both have and uses the same email ID. Apple ID is technically used to sign into iCloud using the email address and password of the Apple ID. Given that, iCloud is considered to be linked tightly with Apple ID as an extra feature added.
Now before you make the necessary steps on how to delete iCloud account permanently, here are a few important points to consider on what will happen after deleting the account
- Videos and Photos stored in your iCloud will be permanently deleted
- You will not be able to receive text messages with iMessage and can no longer receive FaceTime calls
- You will no longer have access to the App Store and iTunes Store, as well as Apple Pay and Find My Phone.
- Data with Apple services will be permanently deleted however there are some exceptions that applies
- Deleting does not cancel order from Apple stores and does not cancel any schedule repairs however when you cancel your scheduled repairs at any Apple store, the case will be closed permanently once account is deleted.
If there’s a slight chance that you sometime in the future that you want to access the account again, you may want to consider deactivating your account temporarily rather than delete it permanently. If deleting an account seemed like the best option for you, here’s how to do it.
Before proceeding to delete iCloud account permanently, make sure to do the following:
- Back up file and data contents i.e. photos, videos, email, calendar events as well as iTunes and iBooks purchases before you delete iCloud Account.
- Make sure to remove devices linked with Apple ID. Here’s how to do this:
- Sign into your iCloud account at Apple.
- Once you are already signed in, scroll down to the Devices section.
- Click on the device image. A pop out window appears for each of the devices showing its details.
- Scroll down and click on the Remove from Account.
- Repeat process on each of the devices linked into your Apple ID.
PERMANENTLY DELETE iCLOUD ACCOUNT
- Logged into your iCloud account at iCloud website
- On the Manage Account section, clock on Go to your Apple ID account page.
- Scroll down at the bottom to find Data & Privacy Section, now click on Manage your Privacy
- Scroll down from the list of options to find Delete Your Account option.
- Click on Delete Your Account
- A Pop-window will then appear to select the reason for requesting to delete your account.
- Apple will then remind you to review the Terms and Conditions for Deletion, put a check mark on the box to if you have read and agree to it.
- Contact information will then be asked as to where status of account deletion request is to be sent. You must provide an alternate email and not the email add you are deleting the account.
- You will be provided with an access code that is unique in case you need to contact Apple Support to follow up on your request or to cancel the request for deletion.
The entire process for deleting your account can take up to 1 week, giving Apple ample some time to make sure that it is you the account holder is requesting the deletion of the account and not someone else. Apple still needs to verify that. Before the completion of the deletion process, your account is still active and you are still able to use it.