The #iPhone4S is one of the older iPhone models which was first released in October 2011 that’s still being used today. It has a great build quality made of an Aluminum frame with glass on the front and back. This phone sports a 3.5 inch IPS LCD screen having a resolution of 640 x 960 pixels that’s protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. At the back is an 8MP main camera while the front has a VGA camera. Under the hood, you will find the Apple A5 dual core processor which is paired with 512MB of RAM. Although this is a solid performing device there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the iPhone 4S won’t turn on issue.
How To Fix Apple iPhone 4S Won’t Turn On Issue
One of the main reasons as to why your phone will not turn on is because of a faulty hardware component. If this is what’s causing the problem then the best thing to do is to have the phone repaired at a service center. If however this problem is caused by a software glitch then it can be fixed by following the troubleshooting steps listed below.
1. Make sure the battery of the phone is charged
One factor that can cause this problem is a drained battery. To eliminate the possibility of this problem being caused by a drained battery you will need to charge your phone by following the steps listed below.
- Clean the charging port of the phone using a can of compressed air. Make sure that any dirt or debris stuck in this port is removed.
- Fully charge the phone using its wall charger.
- In case the phone does not charge then try using a different charging cord and wall charger. You should also try charging the phone from a computer USB port in case charging using the wall charger fails to work.
Once the phone has sufficient charge you should try turning on the device.
2. Perform a force restart
There are times when the temporary data stored in your phone can get corrupted and can cause this problem. If this is the culprit then a force restart will be able to fix this as it will refresh the phone software and remove its temporary data.
- Press and hold the Home button.
- While holding the Home button, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button.
- Continue holding both buttons for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
Check if the Apple iPhone 4S won’t turn on issue still occurs.
3. Perform a hard reset
One last troubleshooting step to consider is a hard reset. This will revert your phone back to its factory condition. Take note that this will erase your phone data so make sure to have a backup copy before proceeding.
- Make sure that the phone is off
- Insert the USB cable then hold the Home button while connecting the phone to a computer with iTunes running.
- On the computer when you are prompted that iTunes has detected the iPhone in recovery mode click on OK.
- Click on Restore iPhone.
- Click on Restore and Update.
- iTunes will begin to restore your iPhone.
Check if the Apple iPhone 4S won’t turn on issue still occurs. If the phone still does not turn on then this could already be caused by a faulty hardware component. The best thing to do right now is to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.