Sharing your location with friends and family or with people whom you trust is easy to do in iOS 16. However, you must also take precautions when you’re sharing your location as other people might also be able to access that information and compromise your privacy.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 3 minutes
There are a few settings you have to enable so that you can be easily traced by the people that matter to you, and that’s what we’re going to show you here. Here’s how it’s done:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
This will open the Settings app that will allow you to change some features in your device.
- Scroll down and tap Privacy & Security.
You may have to scroll down a bit more to find the option.
- From the top, touch Location Services.
This will bring to the screen where you can change some settings regarding your iPhone’s location.
- Tap the switch next to Location Services to enable it.
If it’s already enabled, then leave it as it is.
- At the middle part of the screen, tap Share My Location.
It contains more relevant location settings.
- Tap Find My iPhone.
It will bring you to the next screen where you will be able to set things so that it will be easier to find your device in case you lose it.
- Tap the switch next to Find My iPhone.
With this enabled, you will be able to locate, lock or erase your device and supported accessories.
- Tap the switch next to Find My Network.
This will also allow you to locate your iPhone even when it’s offline, in power reserve mode or after being powered off.
- Tap the switch next to Send Last Location to enable it.
This will automatically send the location of your iPhone to Apple when the battery is critically low.
- Go back to the previous screen.
There’s another setting you have to enable.
- Tap the switch next to Share My Location to enable it.
Doing so will share your location with family and friends in Message and Find My.
- iOS 16
- iPhone 14
And those are the settings you need to enable to make your iPhone traceable. You might not need it immediately but it’s better that these settings are enabled so they can do their job when you need it.
We hope this guide can help you.