The iTunes error 1667 usually occurs when you connect your iOS device to computer and open iTunes to sync, install or update the operating system. It may happen because of the following factors: an outdated iTunes version, USB disconnection, anti-virus software, network issue, and system malware just to name a few. Listed below are the recommended troubleshooting steps that you need to do to fix the problem.
How To Fix iTunes Error 1667
- The USB cable that you are using to connect the iOS to your computer could be causing the problem. Make sure to connect this cable directly to the computer USB port. You should also try to use a different Apple branded USB cable and check if the issue still occurs.
- Make sure your iTunes software is the latest version. You can also uninstall iTunes from your computer then install the latest version from the Apple website.
- Temporarily disable any third party security software installed in your computer.
- Reboot your iOS device and the computer.
- Make sure that there is a stable network connection.
- Try connecting the phone to a different computer.