The #Apple #iPhonex is the latest flagship iPhone device that’s available in the market today. First released in October of 2017 this device sports a large 5.8 inch Super AMOLED display, the first for this model. It doesn’t have any physical home button making the display occupy most of the front part of the phone. Although this is a solid performing phone there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the iPhone X stuck on Apple logo after factory reset issue.
iPhone X Stuck On Apple Logo After Factory Reset
Problem: I did a factory reset and the iPhone X seems to be taking hours on a download. It’s been at it for 1.5 hours, and it looks pretty dead–The Apple sign shows with a gray line underneath it. (At one point, iTunes said there would be a download for another 3 hours, but there is no longer the download symbol on iTunes–upper right of the page. It is connected (hardwire) to the Mac, and I’m trying to find information on iTunes, but all it says is that the phone is connected. Have I destroyed the phone? It’s backed-up. I wanted to force it to wipe out all of the downloaded songs and force a sync to reduce the seemingly high number of songs needing a web connection to play (doesn’t work so well in an airplane). What did I do wrong, and what do I do next?
Solution: The first thing that you will need to do in this case is to force the phone to restart.
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button.
- Then quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
- Finally, press and hold the Side/Power button until the Apple logo appears.
In case the issue still persists then proceed with the steps listed below.
- Connect your phone to a computer and open iTunes.
- While your device is connected, force it to restart. Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
- Don’t release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.
- When you get the option to restore or update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data.
In case the above steps fails to fix the problem then you will need to bring the phone to the nearest Apple Store and have it checked.