Why Is My iPhone Battery Yellow: Everything You Need To Know

If you have noticed that at one point the battery of your iPhone turns yellow. Normally, the color is white or red for low battery. But not to panic as this is normal with any iPhone when the Low Power Mode is enabled. This feature allows you to save and conserve the battery life on your iPhone. Read on below to find out everything you need to know why the battery indicator of your iPhone turns yellow.

:bulb:Pro tip: Are you puzzled by  your iPhone’s battery indicator is yellow? Say goodbye to the confusion and discover the power of Tenorshare Reiboot, your go-to solution for resolving the iPhone battery yellowing issue.

With just a few simple steps, you can ensure accurate battery information, allowing you to stay informed and in control of your device’s power.

Step 1: Download ReiBoot to your PC or MAC – it’s quick and hassle-free!

Step 2: Connect your iPhone to your computer using a reliable USB cable.

Step 3: Run ReiBoot to resolve the issue

ReiBoot is compatible with various Apple devices like the iPad, iPhone 14, 13, 12, 11, XS, XR, S, 8, 7, 6, 5s, and 5.

Since iOS 9 which was released in 2015, Apple has added a new feature that helps to preserve the battery life of your iPhone devices. It does not only preserve battery life but manages and extends the duration of usage of your device. It is one of the best features that Apple has integrated into their devices. 

How does Low Power Mode conserve battery life? Well, basically it makes some changes in the functions of your iPhone such as stopping mail fetch, dims or lessen its brightness as well stop services such as summoning Siri. In addition, it also reduces features such as background app refresh, visual effects, Automatic download, Auto locks are default to 30 seconds and iCLoud Photos are temporarily paused. In short, it reduces its performance until you can fully charge your iPhone. In this article, we will talk about how to activate to make the battery yellow and how to deactivate it.

Why do you use Low Power Mode? There are instances wherein you badly need your iPhone and you only have a few battery left and you are unable to hold on to a charger for the time being, Low Power Mode can come in handy in times like this. It will let your iPhone stay powered on and can be used  for a longer period of time. Although this can depend on the battery health of your iPhone at the time the feature was activated and greatly depends on your usage (what you are and will be doing on your iPhone during the enabled feature i.e. listening to music, making or taking calls) can have an impact on the number of hours it will take for your need to recharge your battery.


Technically, when an iPhone reaches a battery level of 20%, you will be prompted if you want to enter into a low power mode or if you want to activate it. And another message will appear when the battery level is now at 10% if the previous message was ignored. But before you reach that certain level of percentage, you can always activate Low Power mode ahead of time. When Low Power Mode is activated, it can give you ample time say at least 1 to 3 hours of standby time before your iPhone will be battery emptied. The number of usage hours will still vary.

How to activate Low Power Mode:

  1. Go to Settings from the home screen of your iPhone
  2. Scroll down from the list of options and tap on Battery tab
  3. Toggle ON (Mode slider command of Low Power Mode from left to right). Low Power Mode tab indicator will not be colored green. White indicator if it is diasbled.

As mentioned, when Low Power Mode is activated the battery indicator located at the status bar will turn iPhone Battery Yellow when at least 20% of battery left. Since when you have the chance to charge your iPhone, when it is already on 80% battery level or fully charge, it will again turn to color white. Low Power Mode is temporary and there is no other way you can enable it permanently. When Low Power Mode is not activated and you are on your 20% left on the battery, the battery indicator will be Red and not yellow.

There is another way to activate Low Power Mode, it is via the Control Center for a faster and easier access to manage Low Power Mode feature.

How to activate via Control Center:

In order to manage Low Power Mode using the control center, you must first customize control center control by adding Battery for the controls.

  1. Go to Settings from the home screen of your iPhone.
  2. Tap on Control Center
  3. Then tap on Customize Controls
  4. Scroll down from the More control category and find Low Power Mode control
  5. Tap on the “+” sign on the left side of Low Power Mode Control to include it in the Control Center
  6. Once you’ve added the control, it will now appear at the “Include” category located at the upper portion and you can now manage Low Power mode in the Control Center:

How to access Control Center:

For iPhone 8 plus and earlier models: Swipe up starting from the bottom of the screen of your iPhone to reveal Control Center.

For iPhone X and later models: Swipe down starting from the upper right corner of your iPhone. Control center will now appear. 

Once at the Control Center, you will now see the Low Power Mode control. An icon that basically looks like a Battery. You can tap the icon to activate Low Power Mode and tap it again to deactivate or disabled it. 

And that’s everything you need to know about the yellow battery icon on your iPhone.

Having Issues with your iPhone or iPad? Feel free to contact us using this form. We’’ll try to help