In this post, we will show you what to do if the Face ID feature stopped working on your iPhone 12 Mini shortly after the iOS 14.4 update. Most of the time, such an issue is just pretty minor and can be fixed by doing some basic troubleshooting procedures. Read on to learn more.
Some iPhone 12 Mini owners reported that they could no longer unlock their devices using Face Unlock because the feature no longer works. It reportedly started after the iOS 14 update. It might be just due to a minor firmware-related problem, or you may need to set Face ID again for it to work.
First solution: Force restart your iPhone
If the Face ID has been working properly prior to the update, then the problem could be just due to a pretty minor firmware issue. The first thing that you have to do is the forced restart. It’s a simulated battery removal that has been proven effective against issues like this. Here’s how it’s done:
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button, and then the Volume Down button.
- The moment you release the volume down button, press and hold the Side or Power key for 8 seconds. This will force your device to shut down and power back up.
- When the logo shows on the screen, release the Power key.
Your iPhone will continue the usual boot process. When the reboot is complete, try to see if the Face ID is now working properly.
Second solution: Reset Face ID and set it up again
Perhaps the current Face ID has not been set up properly, or it might have been corrupted. The best thing to do is to delete the existing Face ID and set it up again.
- To access Face ID, launch Settings from the Home screen.
- Scroll down to find Face ID and Passcode, and then tap on it.
- If prompted, enter your security lock or passcode.
- Tap Reset Face ID, but if you’ve already done that, touch Set Up Face ID instead.
- Now, follow on-screen instructions to set up Face ID on your iPhone.
If for some reason, Face ID still does not work properly after this, then you have no other choice but to reset your iPhone as it can be a firmware issue.
But as far as fixing minor face id issues is concerned, these are the only things you need to do to get your device going.
And that’s what you need to do if the Face ID feature on your iPhone 12 Mini stopped. We hope that this simple troubleshooting guide has been helpful.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel. We need your support so that we can continue creating helpful contents in the future. Thanks for reading!
- How To Fix Facebook That Keeps Crashing on iPhone 12 Mini
- Apple iPhone 12 Mini Notifications Play In Silent Mode