Wondering why Facebook app won’t open on your new iPhone 11 Pro Max? If so, then this post may be able to help you. Read on and get some help.
Facebook continues to uphold its reputation of being one of the leading social media platforms to date, with over 2 billion active users worldwide. Considering this number, most people have high expectations on the app’s stability and overall functionality. Nonetheless, the fact that there’s no app that’s perfect makes Facebook also likely to experience some random issues. And the most common Facebook problem encountered by many Facebook users is on loading errors. This is when the Facebook app just doesn’t load up or work as intended. And this is the main issue that this post attempts to address. Read on to learn what to do if your iphone 11 Pro Max Facebook app just won’t open for some reason.
Before moving on, feel free to browse through our troubleshooting pages to find potential solutions to other problems with your other Apple devices. If your iPhone is in the list of our supported devices, then you can visit its exclusive troubleshooting page and find the problem that you need help dealing with. You can refer to or use our provided solutions and workarounds if needed. In the case where you’d prefer to get direct assistance from us, simply fill up our iOS issues questionnaire and hit submit to contact us.
Troubleshooting an iPhone 11 Pro Max Facebook app that won’t open
Before troubleshooting, open your browser app then try to access the main Facebook server/website. If the website loads up successfully, try to login to your Facebook account. Make sure it’s the same account you used to login to your Facebook app. If you don’t encounter any problems logging into your account through the main Facebook site, then something from within the application, if not or your iPhone system is wrong and therefore must be rectified. The following procedures are used to eliminate software-related factors that will likely to hinder an online app like Facebook from opening or loading properly on your iPhone. Try and see which of these methods is the ultimate solution.
First solution: Reboot your iPhone (soft reset).
Random system errors are usually the main reasons as to why apps would suddenly stop working on your phone. That said, if Facebook was working perfectly fine and then it suddenly won’t load even if you haven’t done, added, or changed anything on your device, eliminating random software glitches should be the first solution to try. Just follow these steps if you haven’t already:
- Press and hold both the Side and Volume Up buttons for a few seconds.
- Release both buttons when the Slide to Power off bar appears.
- Swipe or drag the bar to turn your device off.
- After about 30 seconds, press and hold the Side button and then release when the Apple logo appears.
Allow your phone to complete its boot sequence and then reconnects to Wi-Fi. When the internet connection resumes, retry loading Facebook app and see if it opens already.
Second solution: Install pending app updates.
To ensure app’s stability and optimum functionality, it is recommended to keep your apps up to date. Updates for built-in apps are usually embedded into iOS updates released by Apple periodically. That said, stock apps are up to date if your iPhone software is updated. On the other hand, updates for third-party apps are rolled out separately by software developers and these updates therefore requires manual implementation from end-users. If you haven’t set your Facebook app to auto-install new updates, then you’ll need to manually check and install pending app updates. And here’s how you do it:
- From the Home screen, tap on the App Store icon to open the application.
- Tap on Today tab at the bottom.
- Then tap on the user profile icon (Apple ID header) on the top right corner of the screen. You should see the account details.
- Scroll down to the Available Updates section.
- Tap on Update next to the Facebook app to install pending update for the app.
- If multiple app updates are available, tap on Update All to update all apps at once.
Reboot your iPhone after all apps are finished updating. This is recommended to ensure that all recent software changes are properly applied along with the integrated in-app bug fixes.
Then try and see if that fixes the problem with your Facebook app that’s not loading.
Third solution: Refresh the internet connection to fix your iPhone 11 Pro Max Facebook app that won’t open.
Random internet problems from slow browsing to intermittent connection are also among the possible reasons for online apps to suddenly stop working and become unstable. Such problems are inevitable, so when they come, you’ll have to deal with them. To clear out random internet errors that might have caused Facebook to act up, refreshing your phone’s wireless internet feature can help. Just follow these steps:
- Tap Settings from your Home screen.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Tap the Wi-Fi switch to the OFF position.
- After about 30 seconds, tap the switch again to turn Wi-Fi back ON.
Retry loading Facebook app as soon as your iPhone reconnects to Wi-Fi internet and see if the app already opens. If it doesn’t, then try the Airplane Mode trick next. Here’s how it’s done:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Select Airplane Mode.
- Toggle the Airplane Mode switch to turn the feature ON. Doing so disables your iPhone’s wireless radios and associated features like Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- While Airplane Mode is turned on, reboot or soft reset your iPhone to clear out network cache.
- After it reboots, go back to Settings-> Airplane Mode menu.
- Then toggle the Airplane Mode switch to turn it OFF again.
Wait for your phone to re-establish wireless signal and once the Wi-Fi signal stabilizes, reconnect to your Wi-Fi network to get back online. Retry loading up Facebook as soon as your internet connection resumes and see if the app is already working as it should.
Fourth solution: Forget network or switch to other Wi-Fi network, if available.
Online apps may also stop working and won’t be able to load as expected if the network in use isn’t working. The same thing can happen if the Wi-Fi network in use gets corrupted. To rule this out, try to forget your Wi-Fi network and then add it back. And if that still doesn’t work, try switching to another Wi-Fi network available. Here’s what you should do then:
- First, go to your iPhone Settings-> Wi-Fi menu then make sure that the Wi-Fi switch is turned on.
- Scroll down to the list of available Wi-Fi networks and then select the network that your iPhone is connected to.
- Tap the information “i” icon next to the name of the selected Wi-Fi network.
- Then tap the option to Forget this Network.
- If prompted, tap Forget Network to confirm network deletion.
- After deleting the network, go back to Settings-> Wi-Fi menu then toggle the switch to turn the feature OFF.
- Give your iPhone another restart while Wi-Fi is turned off.
- As soon as your phone reboots, go back to Settings-> Wi-Fi menu then toggle the switch to turn Wi-Fi back on.
- Scroll down to the list of available networks then select your preferred Wi-Fi network to connect to.
If you have created a different Wi-Fi network and that network is still active, then you can try switching to that network and see if Facebook is able to load up using that network. There are times when online apps wouldn’t be able to load using a certain Wi-Fi network, especially when that network has been corrupted. In that case, switching to another active Wi-Fi network will therefore solve the problem.
Fifth solution: Manage restriction settings on your iPhone.
Another possible barrier for your iPhone apps to stop working or fail to work as intended is the privacy setting called Content & Privacy Restrictions. When enabled, this feature can limit or restrict certain apps or system functions on your device. If that happens, you won’t be able to access or use these services. To make sure this isn’t barring Facebook app from loading, follow these steps to check and manage your iPhone’s restriction settings:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Select Screen Time.
- Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Toggle the switch next to Content & Privacy Restrictions to turn the feature OFF.
- If prompted, enter your passcode to confirm and apply the changes.
If Facebook app opens or loads up successfully while restrictions are disabled, then you’ll need to make necessary adjustments to re-enable restrictions but allowing Facebook app to work as it should.
Last resort: Uninstall then reinstall Facebook app on your iPhone 11 Pro Max.
If none of the previous methods is able to solve the problem and that you still couldn’t get to open Facebook app on your iPhone, it’s possible that the app has been totally ruined and therefore needs to be reinstalled. This also denotes the need for you to uninstall the erratic version of the app, beforehand. Just follow these steps:
- Go to the Home screen to get started.
- Scroll to and find the Facebook app icon.
- Tap and hold on the app icon for a few seconds. Keep holding the app icon when the pop-up menu appears and then release when the app icon starts to jiggle.
- Tap Delete from the warning message.
- Finally, tap Done on the top-right corner of the screen once you’re done deleting the app.
After removing the problematic version of Facebook app, soft reset your iPhone to clear cache and refresh its system functions. When it’s done rebooting, continue with these steps to download and fresh install Facebook app on your iPhone 11 Pro Max:
- Tap the App Store<span style=”font-weight: 400;”> icon from the Home screen. Doing so will launch the App Store main screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom right corner of the screen and then tap Search.
- Tap the Games, Apps, Stories, and More field then type in Facebook.
- Tap the Search key on the onscreen keyboard to begin the search for the keyed in application.
- Tap the GET button on the upper-right side.
- Tap Install to instigate installation of the app. You can use your Face ID to authenticate App Store purchase, if necessary.
- Enter your Apple ID password to continue.
- Then tap the Sign In button.
When the app is finished installing, tap the OPEN button to load the application. Recently installed apps should launch as expected, thus Facebook app should already be able to open this time.
Still having trouble with your iPhone 11 Pro Max Facebook app that won’t open?
If none of the given solutions is able to fix the problem and that you still can’t open Facebook app on your iPhone, then there’s a higher chance that it is not rectifiable by end-users. This is usually the case if the underlying cause is from within the main Facebook server. Like any other online apps, Facebook may also succumb to some random issues including loading errors if the server is enduring some problems. In this case, there’s not much can be done on your end but to wait until the software engineers are done fixing the main problem. In the meantime, you can just switch to other social media platforms to keep posted with the latest news feeds from your network, circle, connection, etc.
Connect with us
We are committed to helping our readers fix the problems with their phones as well as learn how to properly use their devices. So, if you have other issues, you may visit our troubleshooting page so you can check by yourself the articles we’ve already published that contain solutions to common problems. Furthermore, we do create videos to demonstrate how things are done on your phone. Visit our Youtube Channel and please subscribe to it. Thanks.