In this troubleshooting guide, we will show you how to fix the Facebook Messenger that keeps crashing on iPhone 11 after the iOS 14.2. You will also be able to understand the reason why such a problem occurs and how to prevent it. Read on to learn more.
When a popular application like the messenger stops working for no apparent reason, most of the time it’s just a minor app issue. However, there is always a possibility that it’s a result of a firmware problem. That’s the reason why you need to do some basic troubleshooting to know what caused it. If you’re one of the users with this problem, here’s what you should do:
First solution: Close Messenger and force restart your iPhone
Most of the time, app crashes are minor app issues, regardless of whether the app is popular or not. They occur every now and then but they’re not necessarily hard to fix. In fact, closing the app in question and re-opening it might fix the issue, but it’s best to also refresh your device’s memory. So here’s what you need to do:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and stop at the middle. This will show you the app previews.
- Now, swipe up on the Messenger preview to close it. Do the same to other apps.
- To force restart your iPhone, quickly press and release the Volume up button, and then do the same for the Volume down button. The moment you release the volume down button, press and hold the Power key for 15 seconds or until the Apple logo shows.
- Now wait for your iPhone to finish restarting.
Once the reboot is finished, try opening Messenger and see if it still crashes.
Second solution: Uninstall Messenger and reinstall it
Another effective solution to this problem is uninstalling the app in question. Doing so will remove all its associations with the firmware and other apps. After that, reinstall the app to make sure you have the latest version. Here’s how you do those things:
- Go to the screen where the Messenger icon is located.
- tap and hold on its icon until options show.
- Tap Remove app, and then touch Delete App.
- Tap Delete to confirm the deletion of the app.
- Once the app is successfully uninstalled, launch the App store.
- Search for Messenger, and then tap the Install icon.
- Wait for the app to be successfully installed on your iPhone.
- When the installation is finished, tap Open to launch it.
Most of the time, these are the only things you need to do to fix an app that keeps on crashing. However, if for some reason the problem continues, then you have to do the next solution.
Third solution: Factory reset your iPhone
A reset will be able to fix this problem but make sure to create a backup of your important files and data because they will be deleted and you may not be able to retrieve them. When ready, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Find and tap General.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and then touch Reset.
- Tap Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Tap Erase Now.
- If prompted, enter your security lock.
- Tap Erase iPhone at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Erase iPhone again to proceed.
- Now enter your Apple ID password, and then tap Erase to proceed with the reset.
- Wait until your iPhone has finished the reset, and then set it up as a new device.
And that’s what you need to do to fix Messenger that keeps crashing on an iPhone after an update. We hope that we’ve been able to help you one way or the other.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel. We need your support so we can continue creating helpful contents in the future. Thanks for reading!
- iPhone 11 Can’t Send or Receive Messages Without Internet
- iPhone 11 Pro Screen Responding Slowly After iOS 14
- How To Fix Genshin Impact That Keeps Crashing on iPhone 11