This post will walk you through activating a new iOS camera feature that lets you copy and paste text from a picture into any iOS applications. Here’s a quick guide to enable Live Text for languages on the Apple iPhone 14 series.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 3 minutes
When Apple rolled the iOS 15, a lot of cool new features were also introduced. And the iOS Live Text is among them. With the new Live Text feature activated, you can copy and import text from photos onto your iOS device.
For example, if you capture or save a photo that has a text in it, you can use Live Text to copy and paste the text into any app on your iPhone.
Depicted below is the actual process of activating Live Text to make it all set for use on your iPhone 14 at any time when needed. Just follow these steps if you need help.
Open the Settings app to begin.
To do so, simply tap on the Settings app icon represented by a gear-shaped figure on the Home screen or App library of your iPhone.
While in the Settings menu, tap General.
On the succeeding menu, you will see all inbuilt features for system management.
To continue, tap Language & Region from the given items.
Another menu opens with preloaded features associated with language and region information.
Scroll down to the bottom section then tap to turn on the Live Text switch.
Live Text will then be enabled for all supported languages on your device.
- Apple iPhone 14
You can also enable Live Text through the iOS camera app.
- To do so, simply head over to Settings-> Camera menu then turn on the Show Detected Text switch.
Verify this setting if Live Text does not work with your iPhone 14 camera app.
How Does Live Text Work on iPhone?
Now that Live Text is already enabled, you can now start grabbing/copying text from an image, translating languages and making a call by simply pointing your iPhone camera at it.
To copy text in a photo or image on your iPhone 14 using Live Text, just follow these steps:
- Open the Photos app and select the desired photo. You can also download or select an online image if needed.
- Once the photo is selected, touch and hold a word or move the grab points to adjust the selection. Finally, tap Copy then Select All to select all of the text in the photo.
- After copying the text, you can paste it in another application or share it with others using any of the iOS sharing methods.
Highlighting all text in a photo is also possible with Live Text.
- To do this, just select a photo then tap the Live Text button in the bottom-right corner of the photo. Once all embedded texts are selected, you’re all set to copy and paste them in another app.
Aside from captured and saved iPhone photos, you can also use Live Text to get information from online images so you can send an email or look up directions with a single tap.
Live Text can also be useful when using the iPhone camera when creating reminders and notes. Just point your camera at a photo with a text then tap the Live Text button to grab the embedded information.
iOS commands/actions that can be used with Live Text include Copy Text, Select All, Look Up, Translate, Search the Web and Share.
iOS apps with Live Text Support include the Camera app, Photos, and Safari browser on iPhones and iPads.
And that’s how to enable live text on the Apple iPhone 14 series.