App crashes are very common and even the most expensive smartphones may encounter them every now and then. In fact, we have received quite a lot of complaints from our readers that own the iPhone X because of a similar problem.
In this post, I will tackle the issue wherein Snapchat is the one crashing. We will try to consider every possibility and rule them out one by one until we can determine what the real problem is. This way we can try to formulate a solution that will fix the issue for good.
This will be a quick troubleshooting guide as I will only cite procedures that are effective and have been proven effective before. So, continue reading as this article may be able to help you one way or another.
But before anything else, if you have another issue with your phone, drop by our troubleshooting page as we have already addressed hundreds of issues reported by the owners. Odds are that there are already existing solutions on our website or at least, there are similar problems we already fixed. So, try to find ones that are similar or related to your problem. If you need further assistance, however, feel free to contact us by filling up our Android issues questionnaire.
How to troubleshoot iPhone X with Snapchat app that keeps crashing?
First off, app-related issues are often minor in nature and you may be able to fix it after doing a couple of troubleshooting procedures. So, if this is the first time you encounter the problem, don’t worry so much. With that being said, here’s what I suggest you do about it…
Force close Snapchat and reboot iPhone X
More often than not, if an crashes it would be just a minor glitch in either the app or the system. All you need to do to rule out this possibility is to force close the app you’re having problems with and reboot your iPhone to refresh its memory. Here’s how you do that…
- Swipe up from the bottom to the middle of your Home screen and hold until the App Switcher shows up.
- Swipe left or right to locate the Snapchat app preview.
- Firmly touch and hold the Snapchat app, and then tap the minus (-) icon to clear or end the app.
- Alternatively, you can swipe up to close the app as soon as the minus (-) icon shows up on the screen.
It is also recommended to close all other apps that are running in the background as they too may have contributed to the occurrence of the problem. However, after doing this and Snapchat still crashes on your iPhone X, then move on to the next solution.
Uninstall and reinstall Snapchat
Uninstalling the app is a way to clear the cache and data for that app. Clearing cache or data from an app can fix some software problems that caused the app to become erratic or unstable. This can be considered an ultimate solution if your Snapchat app is still crashing or not working properly after performing all prior workarounds and applicable procedures. The app might have been totally corrupted due to bad updates or malware and the only way to fix it is to reinstall. In that case, you will need to delete or uninstall the corrupted Snapchat app from your iPhone X first. Here’s how it’s done:
- Tap and hold on any app icon from the Home screen.
- When the icons start to jiggle, tap the X in the corner of the Snapchat icon to uninstall the app.
- Tap Delete to confirm.
When the app has been successfully deleted, restart your iPhone and then head over to the App Store to search for and download the latest version of Snapchat that is compatible with your iPhone X and iOS version it’s running on. Follow the rest of the onscreen instructions to complete the app installation process then restart your iPhone X. Snapchat should be working as intended by then.
Reset All Settings
The best way to address app-related issues is to reset your iPhone X but we found out you really don’t need to do the master reset. What’s needed is to reset all settings to bring the device back to its factory settings and configuration without deleting your personal files and data.
- Tap Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Scroll to and tap Reset.
- Select Reset All Settings from the given options. This will delete all your current system settings and restore the default or original values. Unlike a master reset/factory reset, this won’t affect any data stored on your iPhone’s internal memory.
- If prompted, enter your device passcode to continue.
- Finally, tap the option to confirm system settings reset.
There you have it! I hope that this troubleshooting guide have helped you somehow. If you have other issues you want to share with us, feel free to contact us or leave a comment below.
- How to fix an iPhone X that’s suddenly slowing down, keeps freezing and lagging [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix a problem on apps that keep freezing, unexpectedly closing on your iPhone X [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix Whatsapp the keeps crashing, not working properly on iPhone X (easy steps)
- What to do if Spotify keeps crashing or not working on your iPhone X (easy steps)
- How to fix Instagram that keeps crashing or not working properly on your iPhone X (easy steps)
Connect with us
If you need more help with the use of certain functions and features of the Apple iPhone X smartphone, feel free to visit our Tutorial Page. There you can find a list of how-to contents, step-by-step tutorials, as well as answers to FAQs regarding iPhone X. If you have other concerns or encountered some troubles while using the phone, you can reach us through this form. Just be sure to tell us more details of the problem or device issue(s) you may have and we will be more than happy to assist you further.