This post will teach you how to access the iOS settings where you can view warranty details on the Apple iPhone SE 2020 handset. Read on to view a more detailed walk-through.
Majority of the Apple-made hardware comes with a one-year limited warranty. Such warranty applies to new and refurbished Apple hardware. And with the AppleCare Protection Plan, the warranty coverage can be extended further. This however denotes procurement of the said plan.
Aside from the web platform, reviewing your Apple warranty status and eligibility can also be done straight from an iOS device’s main settings menu.
To verify warranty eligibility of your new iOS smartphone, you can refer to these subsequent instructions.
Easy Steps to Access and View Warranty Details on the new iPhone SE smartphone
Time Needed : 5 minutes
The following steps are applicable to the new iPhone SE and other iPhones that are running on the same iOS version. Visual representation depicting individual steps are likewise provided for easier navigation.
- When ready, go to your iPhone Home screen and then tap Settings.
Doing so will let you access the main settings menu of your device.
On this menu, you will see all basic and advanced iOS features you can enable or disable accordingly.
- Scroll down to view more items. Then, locate and tap to open General settings.
A new screen opens with a list of general options and features.
- Tap About to continue.
On the next window you will see general information about the iPhone including its name, software version, model number, serial number and others.
- To view the phone's warranty status and eligibility, tap Limited Warranty.
The warranty coverage along with other relevant details will show up on the next display.
On the coverage screen, there's also an option for you to get direct tech support through the Apple Support App.
- Simply tap the link to Get Apple Support App. Doing so will launch the Apple Support application on your device.
If you haven't already, you will need to download and install the app through the App Store beforehand.
After installing the app, launch it then follow the rest of the on-screen commands to get in touch with the Apple Support department.
- To view more details about hardware warranties, tap the See details link located at the bottom section of the Coverage screen, written within the Important section.
You will then be directed to the hardware warranties page of the Apple support website.
Here, you can choose which product you'd like to view hardware warranty status and eligibility information.
- iOS 13.6
- Apple iPhone SE 2020
A proof of purchase is usually required when availing for product warranties.
Apple warranty does not cover any damage arising from failure to follow instructions relating to the Apple product’s use.
Furthermore, the Apple One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to any third-party or non-Apple branded hardware products or software even if packaged or sold with the original (OEM) Apple hardware. In this case, a separate warranty will be provided by the manufacturers, suppliers, or publishers of the product. Thus, you will need to contact them for more information on warranty concerns.
And that covers everything in this quick tutorial.
To view more comprehensive tutorials and troubleshooting videos on different mobile devices, feel free to visit The Droid Guy channel on YouTube anytime.
Hope this helps!
You might also want to read:
- How to fix an Apple iPhone XR that cannot complete startup process, stuck on the Apple logo
- How to deal with display issues on screen burn-in and green lines on Apple iPhone XS
- Dealing With Five Power Issues On iPhone 11 After Updating To iOS 13.2.3