In this troubleshooting guide, we will show you what you need to do if Twitter keeps crashing on iPhone 12. We will look into all possibilities and rule them out one after another to determine the reason why the app crashes and be able to fix it. Read on to learn more.
Twitter is one of the apps that’s being updated regularly to make sure it works properly. However, there are just times when issues occur. That might be the case with some iPhone 12 owners who complained about Twitter that reportedly started to crash without apparent reason. If you’re one of them, here’s what you should do:
First solution: Force close Twitter and relaunch it
Perhaps it’s just a pretty minor issue with the app. There are times when one of the services stops working and would lead to such a problem.
So the first thing you have to do is to close the app in question and then open it again, to see if the problem is fixed. Here’s how you do that:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and stop at the middle. This will show you all the app previews.
- Swipe up on the Twitter preview to close it. If you want, you can also close all other apps.
After doing that, launch Twitter and see if the problem is fixed.
Second solution: Make sure you have a stable Internet connection
There are times when an unstable internet connection will cause apps to crash, especially the ones that need constant connection with their servers. So if the first solution failed, try to check if your iPhone 12 has a good connection.
Just make sure it’s connected to your own network.
After that, try to do a speed test to see if your iPhone is connected to the Internet and that the connection is stable.
Third solution: Force restart your iPhone
After making sure that your Internet connection is good and yet Twitter still keeps crashing, it’s time you refreshed your iPhone’s memory, as well as reload all apps and services.
You can do so by doing the forced restart, or a simulated battery pull. Here’s how:
- Quickly press and release the volume up button and then the Volume down button.
- Immediately after that, press and hold the Power key for 10 seconds. This will trigger your device to shut down and power back up.
- Once the logo shows, release the Power key and wait until it’s finished.
After the restart, open Twitter and see if it still crashes.
Fourth solution: Check if Twitter is down
After the first three solutions and Twitter is still crashing, the next thing you need to do is check whether its servers are down or not.
Log on to DownDetector.com and search for Twitter.
If there are reports from other users that have the same issue, then it’s probably just a server problem. Issues like this get fixed after an hour or two, and you don’t have to do anything, except wait until it’s fixed.
However, if the servers are good and running, then move on to the next solution.
Fifth solution: Uninstall Twitter and reinstall it
At this point, it’s better to remove twitter from your iPhone. This will make sure possible corrupted files are deleted. After that, download the app from the App Store to make sure you’re using the latest version. This often fixes app-related problems. Here’s how you do that:
- Go to the screen where Twitter is located.
- Tap and hold on the icon until options show.
- Tap Remove app, and then touch Delete app.
- Tap Delete to confirm you want to uninstall it.
- Once the app is successfully uninstalled, launch the App Store.
- Search for twitter.
- Tap the Install icon and wait until it’s successfully installed.
Once the installation is finished, launch Twitter and see if the problem is fixed.
Sixth solution: Reset all settings
The next thing you have to do if the problem persists is to reset all the settings on your iPhone. It’s always possible that this problem is due to some inappropriate settings. Here’s how it’s done:
- From the Home screen, launch Settings.
- Find and tap General.
- Scroll down and then tap Reset.
- Tap Reset all settings.
- If needed, enter your screen lock.
- Tap Reset all settings at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap reset all settings once again to confirm.
After the reboot, try to see if the problem is fixed.
Seventh solution: Factory reset your iPhone
Any app issue can be fixed with the previous solutions. However, if it keeps happening after doing those, or if the same problem occurs again, then you have to reset your iPhone as there can be a problem with the firmware.
Prior to the reset, make sure to create a backup of your important files and data. Once ready, follow these steps to reset your iPhone:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Find and tap General.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and then touch Reset.
- Tap Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Tap Erase Now.
- If prompted, enter your security lock.
- Tap Erase iPhone at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Erase iPhone again to proceed.
- Now enter your Apple ID password, and then tap Erase to proceed with the reset.
Wait until your iPhone has finished the reset, and then set it up as a new device.
Twitter should be working properly after this.
And that’s what you need to do if Twitter keeps crashing on iPhone 12, or any smartphone for that matter. We hope that this guide can help you one way or the other.
If you find this troubleshooting guide helpful, please consider supporting us by subscribing to our YouTube channel. We need your support so that we can continue creating helpful contents in the future.