The iPhone 11 lets you stay on top of your Instagram activity through push notifications. Getting mentions, comments, messages, and more directly on your iPhone 11’s lock screen keeps you connected. Read on to learn how to configure notifications for the Instagram app on the iPhone 11.
Understanding Instagram Push Notifications
Instagram push notifications are messages sent to your iPhone when something happens on Instagram. For example, you might receive a push notification when someone follows you, likes one of your photos, or comments on your story.
Push notifications work on iPhones by using a feature called Background App Refresh. Background App Refresh allows apps to continue running in the background, even when you’re not using them. This means that Instagram can check for new notifications even when you’re not actively using the app.
To turn on push notifications for Instagram on iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on Notifications.
- Scroll down and tap on Instagram.
- Toggle the Allow Notifications switch to the On position.
You can also adjust the settings for push notifications in the Instagram app.
- To do this, open the Instagram app and tap the Profile icon in the bottom right corner. Then, tap the three lines icon in the top right corner and select Settings. Scroll down and tap on Notifications.
You can then adjust the settings for push notifications, such as which types of notifications you want to receive and how often you want to receive them.
Here are some of the types of push notifications that you can receive from Instagram:
- New followers: You’ll be notified when someone new follows you on Instagram.
- Likes: You’ll receive a notification when someone likes one of your photos or videos.
- Comments: You’ll receive a notification when someone comments on one of your photos or videos.
- Mentions: You’ll receive a notification when someone mentions you in a comment or a post.
- Direct messages: You’ll receive a notification when you receive a direct message from someone.
- Live videos: You’ll be notified when someone you follow starts a live video.
You can also receive push notifications for other events on Instagram, such as when someone shares your post, or you’re tagged in a photo.
If you don’t want to miss any push notifications from Instagram, you can turn them on in the iPhone’s Settings app.
Before setting up Instagram notifications, make sure:
– You have installed the latest version of Instagram from the App Store.
– Your iPhone 11 is running iOS 13 or later.
– You have an internet connection for sending and receiving notifications.
– You have completed Instagram’s sign-up process and configured a profile.
– Your phone ringer/sounds are enabled to hear notification tones.
With those basics covered, you can customize push notifications to match your preferences within the Instagram app.
Enabling Push Notifications
When push notifications are enabled, your phone will receive a notification whenever something happens on the app that you’ve enabled push notifications for. This could be anything from a new message to a new follower.
Here’s how to turn on push notifications in Instagram on your iPhone:
1. Open the Instagram app and tap your profile picture in the bottom right.
2. Tap the 3-line menu in the top-right, then go to Settings.
3. Tap Notifications.
4. Toggle Allow Notifications on.
This enables push notifications to be delivered from Instagram to your iPhone 11.
Setting Notification Types
You can also configure the notification types according to your needs and preferences.
Within the Notifications screen on Instagram, you can toggle individual notification types as follows:
– Posts: Likes, comments, and mentions on your posts.
– Stories: Views and replies to your stories.
– Messages: New DMs, chat mentions, video calls.
– General: Follows, comments on posts you’ve liked, recommended posts, and more.
Enable all notification types you wish to receive directly on your iPhone 11 lock screen.
Controlling Notification Frequency
Under Notification Settings:
– Scheduled Digest to bundle notifications into a daily summary.
– Pause All to deactivate notifications temporarily.
– Advanced Controls give more granular options per notification type.
Frequency options prevent notification overload.
Notification Badges and Sounds
Additionally, you can configure:
– Badges to show red notification dots on the Instagram icon.
– Sounds to play when notifications are received.
– Haptic feedback for vibrations upon notifications.
These settings make Instagram notifications more noticeable when they arrive on your device.
To confirm everything is working:
– Have a friend tag or message you on Instagram.
– Check that the designated notification appears on your iPhone 11 as expected.
– Adjust settings if certain notifications are missing.
This verifies your notifications are successfully set up for Instagram.
Troubleshooting Instagram Notification Issues
If notifications don’t appear, try toggling Instagram notifications off and back on in iOS Settings > Notifications. Also, ensure Background App Refresh is enabled in Instagram settings and notifications are permitted in iPhone Settings > Instagram.
Enabling push notifications in the Instagram iPhone app lets you stay on top of your Instagram activity from your iPhone 11’s lock screen. Customize notification types and frequency to your liking.
Enabling Instagram Notifications on iPhone 11 FAQs
Q: Where do I enable push notifications for Instagram on an iPhone 11?
A: Open the Instagram app, tap your profile, go to Settings, and turn on Allow Notifications in the Notifications screen.
Q: What Instagram notifications can I configure on my iPhone 11?
A: You can enable push notifications for Posts, Stories, Messages, and General Instagram activity. Toggle each type on as desired.
Q: How do I control the frequency of Instagram notifications on my iPhone 11?
A: Use options like Scheduled Digest to bundle notices daily and Pause All to halt notifications from Instagram temporarily.
Q: How can I make sure I notice Instagram notifications on my iPhone 11?
A: Enable sounds, haptic feedback, and notification badges for Instagram in iOS Settings to make incoming notifications more visible and audible.
Q: What should I do if I need to get Instagram notifications on my iPhone 11?
A: Ensure Background App Refresh is on for Instagram, notifications are permitted in iOS Settings, and toggle Instagram notifications off and back on in Settings to troubleshoot.