Everybody was amazed when Apple launched an iPhone without a home button. But if you were an iPhone owner for years and you were used to pressing the home button to go back to the home screen, you’d know something is missing. Apple may have removed the physical home button from its devices, but the concept of having a Virtual Home Button on iOS devices remains. With the use of the feature called AssistiveTouch, you will have an on-screen home button, which does not only benefit users who aren’t used to new Apple devices but users who own and older model that has a broken home button.
How to Enable Virtual Home Button on your iPhone
The AssistiveTouch can be what you want it to be but in this post, I will show you how to simply make it a Virtual Home Button.
- From the Home screen, launch Settings.
- Scroll to and then tap General.
- Touch Accessibility.
- Scroll down to Interaction section and tap AssistiveTouch.
- Enable it by toggling the switch. You will see a floating round button on the screen.
- Now, tap Single-Tap and select Home.
- Go back to the previous page and tap Double-Tap.
- If you want it to function like the physical home button, select App Switcher. Or, you can just choose any command you like.
Now, your iPhone has a virtual home button that will bring you immediately to the Home screen on a single tap, and show you the apps running in the background on double tap.
I hope that this how-to post has helped you one way or another. Please help us spread the word by sharing this post with your friends or people who may also have similar problems. Thanks for reading!
Connect with us
We are committed to helping our readers fix the problems with their phones as well as learn how to properly use their devices. So, if you have other issues, you may visit our troubleshooting page so you can check by yourself the articles we’ve already published that contain solutions to common problems. Also, we do create videos to demonstrate how things are done on your phone. Visit our Youtube Channel and please subscribe to it. Thanks.