In this post, we will show you what to do if Snapchat crashes on your iPhone 12 Mini after the iOS 14.4 update. Most app-related problems are not serious. More often than not, you only have to do a couple of basic procedures to fix them. So continue reading as this post, may help you.
Popular apps like Snapchat may break down every now and then. In fact, there have already been cases wherein the app just closes by itself without apparent reason. App crashes are actually common but they’re not that hard to fix. If you’re one of the users with this problem, here’s what you should do:
First solution: Close Snapchat and force restart your iPhone
Most of the time, app crashes are minor app issues, regardless of whether the app is popular or not. They occur every now and then but they’re not necessarily hard to fix. In fact, closing the app in question and re-opening it might fix the issue, but it’s best to also refresh your device’s memory. So here’s what you need to do:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and stop at the middle. This will show you the app previews.
- Now, swipe up on the Snapchat preview to close it. Do the same to other apps.
- To force restart your iPhone, quickly press and release the Volume up button, and then do the same for the Volume down button. Immediately after that, press and hold the Power key for 10 seconds. This will trigger the iPhone to shut down and power back up.
Once the reboot is finished, try opening Snapchat and see if it still crashes.
Second solution: Uninstall Snapchat and reinstall it
Another effective solution to this problem is uninstalling the app in question. Doing so will remove all its associations with the firmware and other apps. After that, reinstall the app to make sure you have the latest version. Here’s how you do those things:
- Go to the screen where the Snapchat icon is located.
- tap and hold on its icon until options show.
- Tap Delete App.
- Tap Delete to confirm the deletion of the app.
- Once the app is successfully uninstalled, launch the App store.
- Search for Snapchat, and then tap the Install icon.
- Wait for the app to be successfully installed on your iPhone.
- When the installation is finished, tap Open to launch it.
Most of the time, these are the only things you need to do to fix an app that keeps on crashing. However, if for some reason the problem continues, then you have to do the next solution.
Third solution: Factory reset your iPhone
A reset will be able to fix this problem but make sure to create a backup of your important files and data because they will be deleted and you may not be able to retrieve them. When ready, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Find and tap General.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and then touch Reset.
- Tap Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Tap Erase Now.
- If prompted, enter your security lock.
- Tap Erase iPhone at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Erase iPhone again to proceed.
- Now enter your Apple ID password, and then tap Erase to proceed with the reset.
Wait until your iPhone has finished the reset, and then set it up as a new device. Let Snapchat be the among the first apps you install on your iPhone.
We hope that this simple troubleshooting guide can help you fix Snapchat that keeps crashing on your iPhone 12 Mini.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel so that we can continue creating helpful contents. Thanks for reading!