This post shows how to set or change the iPhone 12 Safari downloads location. Read on if you need help altering the default location for storing downloaded contents on the new iPhone Safari browser.
iPhone Safari Downloads
Wondering where to find all downloaded files on your iPhone? There must be a dedicated folder or directory in the Safari browser that holds such contents and that could be the iCloud Drive or iPhone Downloads.
By default, downloaded files in the iPhone Safari browser are saved to the Downloads folder in iCloud Drive. You can access your downloaded files across your iOS devices through the Files app.
In order to make it easier for users to access these downloaded files, the Safari app makes the downloads location changeable. To make this happen, users must configure the built-in browser settings and change the storage option for downloads.
If you’re new to the iOS platform and need some input on how to make these changes on your new iPhone 12 Safari browser, I’ve laid out a simple demo to walk you through the entire process.
Easy Steps to Change the iPhone 12 Safari Downloads Location
Here’s how to change the default downloads locations on your new iPhone’s preinstalled Safari browser. This method is also applicable when altering the default downloads location on the Safari browser in other iOS devices that have the same software version with the iPhone 12.
1. To get started, unlock your iPhone to access the Home screen and then tap Settings.
Doing so will launch the main settings menu that contains the list of all features of the phone.
2. Scroll down and then tap Safari.
The Safari browser settings will populate the next screen. Here, you can see the default values for searches, general settings, tabs and more.
3. Scroll down to the General section. Then, tap Downloads.
The default downloads storage location is set to iCloud Drive Downloads.
4. To change this, simply tap to select your preferred location. You may choose On My iPhone or Other.
If you select On My iPhone, you can set the location to either Chrome or Downloads. You can also create another folder under the Chrome or Downloads if you want.
5. To proceed with this guide, we’ll create a new location or folder under Chrome, so select or highlight Chrome and then tap on the New Folder icon located on the upper-right corner right before the DONE command.
The create new folder screen will then appear.
6. Using the onscreen keyboard, type in your preferred folder name. You can use any name you want.
7. After naming the folder, tap Done on the upper-rightmost corner. Doing so will save the new folder under Chrome.
The new folder you created will then appear under Chrome.
If you want to create another folder under Downloads, just tap to highlight Downloads and then tap the Create New folder icon on the upper-right side of the screen. Finally, name the folder accordingly.
Be sure to select the folder to make it the new storage location for Safari downloads.
8. After making all necessary changes, tap Done. Doing so will save and apply the recent changes you’ve made to the Safari downloads location.
All downloads will then be stored to the new folder or location you chose.
There is also an option for you to automatically delete downloads after one day, upon successful download or manually.
Should you wish to change the location back to iCloud Drive, just go back to the Safari app settings, access Downloads and then select iCloud Drive from the given options.
And that’s all about altering the default storage location for downloaded files on the iPhone 12 Safari app.
More Video Tutorials
To view more comprehensive tutorials and troubleshooting clips on different mobile phones and tablets, feel free to visit The Droid Guy channel on YouTube anytime.
You might also want to read:
- How to fix iOS 13 slow internet browsing problem on your iPhone
- How to Set or Change Safari Download Storage on Apple iPhone SE 2021 | Saving Safari Downloads
- How to Set or Change Safari Homepage on Apple iPhone SE 2021
- How to fix Apple iPhone XR Safari Forbidden error 403, browsing problem
- How to use and optimize iOS browser settings On Apple iPhone 7 Plus