This post will show you how to reset all settings on the iPhone 12. Read on if you need help eliminating any erratic settings that might have flawed your new iPhone and then restore the default preferences without deleting any saved information.
iOS 14 Reset All Settings
There are different types of reset you can do on your iPhone. You may resort to carrying out any of these resets whenever things go wrong on your iPhone and primary solutions don’t work.
One of these resets is the reset all settings.
Resetting all settings is recommended whenever your iPhone is acting up or stops working as intended.
Performing this reset will erase customized settings including Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Do Not Disturb, Privacy, keyboard dictionary, location, sounds and notifications as well as Home screen preferences are deleted and restored to their defaults. All saved data and media content won’t be deleted so you can be assured that all your apps and files will remain intact after the reset.
If you’re new to the iOS platform and wondering how to restore the default settings on your iPhone 12 without erasing your content, I’ve laid out a simple walkthrough for your reference.
Here’s how to reset all settings on the new iPhone 12 smartphone.
Easy Steps to Reset All Settings on iPhone 12 via Settings Menu
The following steps are also applicable to reset all settings on other iOS devices that are running on the same software version as that of the iPhone 12. Be sure to get your Wi-Fi information ready, especially your Wi-Fi password because you will need to re-enter it later to re-join the network and reconnect to the Internet.
1. When ready, unlock your iPhone to access the Home screen.
On the Home screen, you will see different shortcut controls or icons for launching pre-installed and downloaded apps.
2. Tap on the Settings icon to proceed.
The main settings menu opens next. Here, you will see a list of all basic and advanced iOS features you can manage and utilize.
3. Scroll down or up to view more items. Then, tap General.
General settings menu will load up on the next display.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the list. Then, tap Reset.
The Reset menu opens, highlighting different reset commands.
5. Tap Reset All Settings to proceed. Then, enter your passcode if prompted.
A confirmation message will show up beneath the display.
6. Read and review the information then tap Reset All Settings.
Another pop-up message will appear.
7. Read the message then tap Reset All Settings to confirm.
Your phone will then start resetting all settings and restoring the default preferences. The entire process could take several minutes so just wait patiently.
When the reset is finished, your iPhone will reboot on its own.
Allow it to complete the bootup sequence.
After booting up, you’ll be routed to the lock screen.
At this point, you can start enabling necessary features that are disabled by default including display settings, keyboard and sound preferences.
Again, you will need to rejoin and reconnect to your Wi-Fi network in order to get back online.
Also don’t forget to restore your iPhone security by setting up an unlock passcode or fingerprint unlock.
You will also need to re-enable Bluetooth to restore Bluetooth connection and pair your iPhone with your Bluetooth accessories.
And that’s all about resetting all settings on the iPhone 12 without deleting saved data and media content.
More Video Tutorials
To view more comprehensive tutorials and troubleshooting clips on different mobile phones and tablets, feel free to visit The Droid Guy channel on YouTube anytime.
You might also want to read:
- Apple iPhone XS System Resets Guide: Soft Reset, Force Restart, Reset all settings, Reset network settings, Factory reset
- Apple iPhone XR System Resets Guide: Soft reset, Force restart, Reset network settings, Reset all settings, Reset Location & Privacy, Factory reset
- Apple iPhone XS Max System Resets Guide: Soft reset, Force restart, Reset all settings, Reset network settings, Factory reset
- How To Reset All Settings On An iPhone SE (2020)