This post will walk you through deleting unused or inactive apps from the new iPhone SE 2020 smartphone without deleting the apps’ data. Here’s a quick quick on how to offload apps on the new iPhone SE.
One of the native iOS settings that comes in handy whenever a need to free up storage arises is the feature called Offload Apps.
Offloading unused apps is usually recommended to automatically remove apps that aren’t in use after a period of inactivity. The process does not affect or delete the app’s data.
An offloaded app’s icon remains on the Home screen and thus you can reinstall it with just a single tap for as long as that app is still available on the Apps Store. The app’s data created within it prior to offloading will likewise be restored automatically.
Easy Steps to Offload Apps on the new iPhone SE 2020
Time Needed : 8 minutes
The following steps are also applicable to other iOS devices running on the same iOS platform as that of the iPhone SE 2020. Actual screens and menu items however may vary between carriers and device models.
- When ready, go to the Home screen to access the apps shortcut controls.
From the Home screen, locate and then tap the Settings icon.
Doing so pulls up the main settings menu with a list of features and system functions you can turn on or off.
- Scroll down to view more items.
Then, tap General to proceed.
A new screen opens with the list of general iOS settings and options to manage.
- From that list, locate and then tap iPhone Storage.
Doing so will load up the phone's storage menu that contains details on how much storage has already been utilized.
The overall storage usage is partitioned by system, apps, photos, iCloud, and others.
Storage usage by individual apps is also displayed at the lower section of the display.
- You can select any from these apps you want to offload.
To proceed with this demo, let's select the Lazada app so tap on it.
The app's menu opens next.
- In this menu, you will see more details about the application including its actual file size, documents and data.
At the lower section, you can see two main commands namely the Offload app and Delete app.
- To delete the selected app without erasing its documents and data, tap the Offload App command.
A pop-up menu will appear beneath the screen.
- Read and review the information and then tap Offload App to confirm.
The offloading process then instigates.
- To offload another app, go back to the previous menu and then select the next app that you'd like to offload.
Then, tap the Offload App command and confirm action.
Please note that the actual process of offloading an app could take several minutes to complete.
That said, just wait until you see that it's all finished.
- iOS 13.6
- Apple iPhone SE 2020
Apps that have been offloaded will appear with a small cloud icon on them.
To recover or restore an offloaded app, you will need to reinstall the app. You can reinstall the offloaded app from the iPhone storage settings menu, by performing an app search and by tapping on the app’s icon from the Home screen (if it’s still present).
And that covers everything in this quick walk-through.
To view more comprehensive tutorials and troubleshooting videos on different mobile devices, feel free to visit The Droid Guy channel on YouTube anytime.
Hope this helps!
- How to manage storage on your Apple iPhone XR and offload unused apps
- How to delete apps on iPhone XS
- Easy steps to free up storage space on your iPhone [tutorial]