The iTunes error 0xe8000015 usually occurs when your iPhone or iPad can’t establish a connection to the iTunes software. When you are getting this error message then you should try the following troubleshooting steps listed below. After performing one step immediately check if the issue still occurs.
How To Fix iTunes Error 0xe8000015
- Make sure that the device is unlocked and on the Home screen.
- Make sure that the latest version of iTunes is installed in your computer.
- Check that you have the latest software update on your Mac or Windows PC.
- Make sure that your device is turned on.
- If you see a Trust this Computer alert, unlock your device and tap Trust.
- Unplug all USB accessories from your computer except for your device. Try each USB port to see if one works. Then try a different Apple USB cable.
- Restart your computer and iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
In case the issue still persists then proceed with the additional troubleshooting steps listed below.
1. Reset the lockdown folder
The lockdown folder is a hidden and protected folder created at the same time that iTunes was installed in your computer. This folder is where iTunes stores the temporary data that it accumulates from syncing and updating your device.
To clear the lockdown folder perform the steps listed below.
- Press Windows Logo key + R to open a Run
- Type %ProgramData% into the Run dialog and press Enter
- Locate and double-click on the folder titled Apple to open it.
- Locate and right-click on a folder named Lockdown.
- Click on Delete in the contextual menu.
- Restart the computer
Check if the issue still occurs.
2. Uninstall iTunes
In case the above step does not work then you will need to uninstall iTunes and its components from your computer. Type appwiz.cpl in the Start Search box and press Enter. Uninstall the following programs.
- Apple Software Update
- Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Application Support 32-bit (Optional)
- Apple Application Support 64-bit
Restart the computer.
3. Reinstall the latest version of iTunes
Go to the Apple website then download the latest version of iTunes. Once the software has been installed try to check if you still experience the same problem.
If the above steps fails to fix the problem then you should bring the device to the nearest Apple Store and have it checked.