In this troubleshooting guide, we will show you how to fix the iPhone XS slow browsing issue that reportedly started after the iOS 14.2 update. Most of this, this kind of problem is just due to minor issues with the network device and the iPhone. Read on to learn more.
Connection issues occur every now and then but it may be just a coincidence that some iPhone XS owners have encountered slow browsing issues after the iOS 14.2 update. As an owner, you must try to troubleshoot your device to know what the problem is. Here’s what you need to do:
First solution: Force restart your iPhone and reboot your network device
Network issues that occur after an update are often due to system glitches. The most logical thing you have to do at this point is the forced restart. It’s a simulated battery removal that refreshes your iPhone’s memory, and reloads all its applications and services.
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button, and then the Volume Down button.
- The moment you release the volume down button, press and hold the Side or Power key for 10 seconds.
- The device will turn off and power back on, so when the apple logo shows, release the power key and wait until it has finished rebooting.
- But while waiting, unplug your router from the outlet or simply disconnect the power cord from the main unit.
- After a minute or two, plug it back in or reconnect the cord to turn the router on again.
Once your iPhone and router have finished rebooting, try to see if the internet connection has improved.
Second solution: Re-establish the connection
Another possible method to fix slow browsing issues from an iOS update is to restart or refresh your iPhone’s wireless internet functions. The best thing to do is to delete the existing connection and then let your iPhone reconnect to the network. Here’s how it’s done:
- Launch Settings.
- Tap WiFi.
- Tap the Info icon of your network.
- Tap Forget This Network, and touch Forget to confirm.
- After that, allow your phone to scan the area, and once it has detected the network, reconnect to it.
After this, try to see if your connection has improved.
Third solution: Reset all Network settings on your iPhone
After making sure that the problem isn’t with your network device, the next thing you have to do is refresh all network or wireless services on your iPhone. You can do so by resetting all network settings. When it comes to connectivity issues, this procedure has been proven to be effective. This is how it’s done:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and then touch Reset.
- Touch Reset Network Settings.
- If prompted, enter your security lock.
- Tap Reset Network Settings at the bottom of the screen.
Your iPhone will reboot after this, once it has finished rebooting, try to see if the problem is fixed.
After resetting your iPhone’s network settings and your internet is still slow, then you should call your Internet service provider as it can be a network problem.
And that’s how you fix the iPhone XS slow browsing issue. We hope that this guide can help you one way or the other.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel. We need your support so that we can continue creating helpful contents in the future. Thanks for reading!
- What To Do If iMessage Stopped Working On iPhone 11 After iOS 14.2
- Fix Facebook Messenger that keeps crashing on iPhone 11 after iOS 14.2
- iPhone X won’t charge? Here’s how to fix it!