While others are enjoying the amazing features iOS 13 offers, many are also disappointed because of the post-update errors they’re experiencing on their phones after installing the recent software update. YouTube that can’t play videos after iOS 13 are among the common issues that users have reported.
YouTube is one of the most famous and frequently used online services nowadays. Obviously, anyone would really feel frustrated once they are no longer able to use the app on their devices.
If your iPhone XS is having the same problem after installing iOS 13, this article will surely brighten your day.
Listed below are common yet effective solutions on how to fix YouTube that can’t play videos on iOS 13. Aside from iOS bugs as the main trigger, we have also included other possible causes of the issue and their corresponding fixes.
Before we move on to our troubleshooting, if you happen to find this post while looking for a solution to a different problem, then visit our iPhone XS Help Guides page for we have already addressed some of the most common issues with this device. We may have already published articles that could help you fix your problem. Find issues that are similar to yours and feel free to use our solutions.
Fixes for YouTube app that can’t play videos after iOS 13 on iPhone XS:
One important thing that users should consider when using YouTube app on their iPhones is the stability of their internet connection. Note that YouTube is an online app which requires a good internet service, so before troubleshooting your iPhone device, make sure that the problem doesn’t lie on the internet router/modem. You can troubleshoot your router first by turning it off and on again. But if this can’t be made possible, then you can right away start troubleshooting your iPhone XS device using the guide below.
First solution: Toggle your Wi-Fi off and on again.
YouTube that can’t play videos can be due to unstable internet service on your iOS device. To clear this out, try refreshing your Wi-Fi functions by turning it off and then on again. Here is how:
- From the Home screen, launch the Settings app.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Toggle the switch to turn the feature off shortly.
- After a few seconds, tap the Wi-Fi switch again to turn the feature back on.
Another way of refreshing your phone’s wireless network functions including the rest of your phone’s wireless service is by turning the Airplane Mode on and then on again, or commonly known as the Airplane Mode trick. This has been an effective fix to various phone problems, so better give it a try. Here are the steps:
- Go to Settings from Home.
- Select Airplane Mode.
- Toggle the switch to turn the feature on.
- While Airplane Mode is on, restart (soft reset) your iPhone XS.
- Then head back to Settings->Airplane Mode menu and toggle the switch again to disable the feature.
Wait until your phone has been reconnected to the network and then open the YouTube app to play a video. Check if the problem is already fixed. If YouTube can’t play videos still, move on to the next option.
Second solution: Close YouTube and then re-launch.
The major software update may have caused YouTube app to become rouge especially if it was left running in the background for quite long prior to the update. To clear this out, simply close YouTube app to give it a fresh start. Here are the steps:
- From the bottom of the screen, swipe upward to the middle and pause until the App Switcher appears.
- Swipe left and right to find the YouTube app preview.
- Then press and hold the YouTube app preview and tap the minus (-) icon to close the app.
- Do the same to the rest of the running background apps to avoid further conflict.
After closing all the running apps, restart your iPhone XS to completely dump out cache files from corrupted apps that are stored on your phone’s memory. Doing so will also refresh your phone’s operating system. Here’s how you soft reset your iPhone XS device:
- Simultaneously press and hold the Power button and either Volume buttons for a few seconds.
- Release both buttons when the Slide to Power Off command appears.
- Drag the power off slider to the right to turn off your phone.
- After 30 seconds, press and hold the Power button again until the Apple logo appears.
Once your phone is completely back on and has re-established internet connection, launch YouTube app and try to play a video. If the video doesn’t play at all, troubleshoot further.
Third solution: Update YouTube app to the latest version available.
If the YouTube app running on your phone is an out-dated version, surely it will act weird after the iOS 13 implementation. The app version may no longer supported by the recent iOS, hence, it can’t cope up with updated iOS platform. Being said, you need to update the YouTube app to restore and maintain its stability. If your phone is not set to automatic-update, here’s how you manually check for and install pending apps updates:
- From Home, launch the App Store and then tap your Profile icon.
- Scroll to Pending Updates section and search for YouTube update.
- Tap the Update option next to the YouTube app to install the pending update.
- Otherwise, tap Update All to download and install all pending apps updates.
- Select Recently Updated section to view the list of apps updates installed.
Restart (soft reset) your iPhone XS after installing all pending apps updates. Then launch YouTube app again and check if it is already working.
Fourth solution: Reset network settings to fix YouTube can’t play videos on iOS 13 iPhone XS.
Network connectivity issue may also emerge when having misconfigured network settings on the device. If the internet service was working perfectly prior to the iOS update, it’s possible that automatic settings override has transpired after iOS 13 implementation. To address this issue, restore your phone’s network settings to default by doing a network settings reset. Here’s how it’s done:
- Go to Settings from the Home screen.
- Select General.
- Scroll down to and tap on Reset.
- Then select Reset network settings option.
- Enter your device passcode when asked to continue.
- Select the option to confirm network settings reset on your iPhone XS.
Your phone will reboot by itself after the reset and current network preferences will be deleted, restoring them to original values and options. Wait until your phone completely boots up and proceed to re-enable the features to use them again including Wi-Fi. Open YouTube and try to play any videos to make sure that the problem has been corrected.
Fifth solution: Delete and reinstall YouTube app.
If the YouTube app still can’t play videos after doing the aforementioned solutions, try deleting the app from your phone’s system and then reinstall. There are two ways to delete apps from your phone’s memory. You can do it through the main screen or via settings menu. Below are the steps on how to delete an app from the settings menu. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings from Home.
- Select General and tap on iPhone Storage menu.
- Check the list and search for YouTube app.
- Then tap Delete App option.
- Select Delete to confirm.
Restart (soft reset) your iPhone XS after successfully deleting the YouTube app. Once your phone is already back on, head back to the App Store and install YouTube app’s latest version. Follow the steps below to reinstall the YouTube app:
- From the Home screen, go to the App Store.
- Scroll down to and tap Apps.
- Tap Search to find YouTube app.
- After select the YouTube app, tap GET to continue.
- Tap INSTALL to start installing the app.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the app installation.
Don’t forget to reboot (soft reset) your iPhone XS after installing the YouTube app to make sure that the changes will be properly applied. Once your phone is back on, launch the YouTube app and play random videos to see if it is already working.
YouTube app still can’t play videos?
If none of the given solutions above is able to fix YouTube can’t play videos issue on your iPhone XS device, escalate the issue to Google or YouTube Support for further assistance. This could also be a possible server problem, and therefore can’t be corrected on your end. On the other hand, you can also seek assistance from Apple Support as the issue started after installing iOS 13 on your device. Anything that you’ve done on your part should be relayed to the customer support so you’ll be provided with proper assistance needed.
Connect with us
We are committed to helping our readers fix the problems with their phones as well as learn how to properly use their devices. So, if you have other issues, you may visit our Help Guides page so you can check by yourself the articles we’ve already published that contain solutions to common problems. Also, we do create videos to demonstrate how things are done on your phone. Visit our Youtube Channel and please subscribe to it. Thanks.