Do you want to know how to setup your iPhone XR call forwarding? One of the significant carrier-specific features of an iPhone is call forwarding. As the name implies, the feature works by rerouting certain phone calls from your iPhone to a different device. Whether you just don’t feel like answering a call or you just don’t want to hear your iPhone sound for incoming calls, all you have to do is set up and enable this feature on your device. If you’re wondering how this is done on your new iPhone XR, then this post will walk you through the entire process. Read on for more detailed instructions.
Mastering iPhone XR Call Forwarding: A Complete Guide
The ability to forward incoming calls to another phone number is indeed helpful for many people, either for personal or business purposes. Depending on your Telco or network service provider, you may have access to various options. To help you get started in making the most out of this iPhone feature, I’ve lined up a step-by-step guide on how to enable and set up your iPhone XR for call forwarding.
For those who are looking for a solution to a problem, drop by our troubleshooting page for we have already addressed some of the most common issues with this phone. Browse through the page to find issues that are similar with yours and use the solutions we suggested. If they don’t work for you or if you still need our help, contact us anytime through our iPhone issues questionnaire.
Enabling Call Forwarding on your iPhone XR
Like many other features, manual activation is necessary for this feature to activate on your iOS device. And here’s how it’s done:
- From the Home Screen, tap the Phone icon.
- Enter *72, then the phone number where you wish your incoming calls will be forwarded to. Please don’t forget to include the area code. <example: *72-999-432-1000>.
- Then, tap the Call button.
- Wait for the confirmation. You will hear three short beeps, and the call will be terminated automatically.
Call forwarding has been activated!
What if *72 doesn’t activate call forwarding on your iPhone XR?
The set of instructions above is the easiest way to activate this feature on your iOS device, but if for some reasons, the *72 code doesn’t work on your end, might as well refer to these subsequent instructions.
- From the Home Screen, tap the Settings app.
- Scroll down and select Phone.
- View the lists under Phone, and select Call Forwarding.
- Toggle/swipe the Call Forwarding switch to enable Call Forwarding. Make sure that you are within the range of cellular network when setting the iPhone to forward calls. If not, then your calls won’t be forwarded.
- Once Call Forwarding is enabled, tap Forward To.
- Enter the number your wish the calls will be forwarded to. You will see the Call Forwarding icon in the control Center Status Bar, once Call Forwarding is activated.
- Tap Back to return to the Call Forwarding screen, once the feature is already activated.
Note that once the Call Forwarding feature has been activated, you will no longer be able to receive calls; yet you can still make calls on your phone. If you want to receive calls directly on your phone again, simply turn the feature off.
Note: Codes may vary from carrier to carrier. If you’re unsure of which code to use, you can always contact your carrier for the correct information.
Deactivate or Turn Off Call Forwarding on your phone
In case you’ve changed your mind and you would want all incoming calls to ring on your iPhone XR, all you have to do is disable or turn off the feature on your iPhone XR. Here’s how:
- From the Home Screen, tap the Phone icon.
- Enter *720 and tap Call.
- Wait for the confirmation tone (three short beeps). Typically, the call will end automatically.
The feature should be deactivated by then.
Again, if the *720 code doesn’t work on your end, you can try this alternative method to disable it on your iPhone XR:
- Select Home Screen, then tap Settings app.
- Swipe down and select Phone.
- Under Phone, select Call Forwarding.
- Swipe the Call Forwarding switch to turn it off.
- Once deactivated, tap Back to return to the Call Forwarding Screen.
Call Forwarding has been deactivated!
If you run into some troubles when attempting to activate this feature, check and ensure that your carrier supports the feature and that your iPhone XR is having stable connection to cellular network. If you need further assistance in troubleshooting and resolving the issue, then we would be happy to help. Just visit this site’s troubleshooting page for more information.
I hope that this how-to post has helped you one way or another. Please help us spread the word by sharing this post to your friends or people who may also have similar problems. Thanks for reading!