Sharing moments with your friends, posting updates or photos and knowing the trends are made easy with Facebook app. It is one of the most in demand social media apps these days. Facebook has evolved over the years and provides more useful features to its users. Contrary to the benefits that the Facebook app provides are the issues that hinders you from using it properly, just like Facebook not loading problem.
As the app’s features leverage over time, issues will always be there to prevent you from using it. If you’ve recently updated your iPhone X to iOS 13.3 and got an error with Facebook not loading, equip yourself with some knowledge on how to deal with the problem by reading further.
Troubleshoot Facebook not working after installing iOS 13.3 on iPhone X
Getting a not working app after updating to iOS 13.3 has been one of the most reported errors. This could be due to their vulnerability with software glitches. Random bugs can also attack these apps like Facebook and causes an issue that prevents you from using them properly. These factors can prevent you from a successful opening or loading of the app. To add up, incompatibility problems with the new software version on your iPhone’s system can also trigger a Facebook app not working on iPhone X.
Fixing this problem can be done by performing the procedures that are listed below. Before you perform the steps, make sure that your iPhone X is getting a good internet connection. Poor internet connection can also cause not loading issues on the Facebook app. Once verified, continue with the procedures found below.
First solution: Close all background apps and reboot your iPhone X.
It is often neglected to force close the apps that are running in the background. These are the apps that were previously opened but were not closed completely. It could be useful for multitasking purposes but could impose threats if they’re on that state while the update is ongoing, since they could easily give in to glitches. Having said that, the Facebook app might have incurred a not loading problem due to minor software glitches from the recent iOS 13.3 update. To clear this problem, quit all background apps on your iPhone X by following the steps below:
- Swipe your finger up and then pause from the Home screen.
- Swipe left or right to navigate through the apps preview.
- Then swipe up on each app’s preview to close individual background apps.
After clearing all background apps, reboot your device to remove dump cache and improve the system’s performance. Cutting off the power on your device has been proven effective in removing minor software glitches and implement those necessary changes from the recent iOS update. This might increase the chance of resolving the Facebook not working on your iPhone X. You can try a soft reset first and here’s how:
- Press and hold the Power/Side button and either of the Volume buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Release both buttons once Slide to Power off prompt appears on the screen.
- Drag the Power off slider to the right to turn off your phone.
- After 30 seconds, press and hold the Power/Side button again until you see the Apple logo.
Frozen touch screen due to freezing or not loading Facebook app might hinder you to perform a soft reset. In that case, force restart will be the answer as it uses the hardware keys to turn off the power on your iPhone X. Here are the steps:
- Press and release the Volume Up button quickly.
- Press and release the Volume Down button quickly.
- Lastly, press and hold the Side button for a few seconds until you see the Apple logo.
After rebooting your iPhone, make sure that your phone’s internet connection has been established then check if the Facebook app is already working on your device.
Second solution: Install pending app updates on your iPhone X.
App updates generally improves the security and provide fixes to reported in-app errors. If there are outdated apps on your iPhone X like Facebook, they could be incompatible towards the new software version and may cause issues like an iPhone Facebook not loading. Updating apps will also remove those repetitive notifications about the updates that might irritate you. Here’s how to update the apps on your iPhone X:
- From the Home screen, tap on App Store to open it.
- Tap on Today tab at the bottom.
- Then tap on the user profile icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- You should see the account details.
- Scroll down to the Available Updates section.
- Tap on Update next to the app to update individual apps.
- Tap on Update All to update all apps simultaneously.
You may reboot your device after installing app updates to apply necessary changes and refresh the system.
Third solution: Clear app cache on your iPhone X.
To speed up your experience, apps on your device will store bits of information. As it continues to collect these data over time, some of it may not be useful and could be erratic which could trigger issues like not loading the app successfully. Clearing these app cache will free up some storage space on your iPhone X as well as remove those erratic ones. This might do the trick in resolving the Facebook not working properly on your iPhone X after the iOS 13.3 update. Simply follow these steps:
- Access Settings from the Home screen.
- Select General.
- Tap on iPhone Storage.
- Tap on Manage Storage.
- Select a file in Documents and Data.
- Drag unwanted files to the left and click on Delete.
- Tap on Edit, then select Delete All option to wipe out all of the app’s data.
Rebooting the device after this process can improve the chance of resolving the problem.
Fourth solution: Reset all settings on your iPhone X.
iOS updates can invalidate some information on your device and may cause relevant symptoms to occur after installing the software update. Incorrect or invalid data on settings that are essential for apps to perform properly might have induced the Facebook not working problem on your iPhone X. Performing reset all settings will clear invalid network settings and other personal preferences on your device and revert them to the default values and options. It will not affect your phone’s internal memory, so there’s no need to create backups. If you’re ready, here’s how it’s done:
- Access Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down to and then select Reset.
- Tap the Reset All Settings option.
- Enter your device passcode once prompted.
- Then tap to confirm all settings reset.
This will delete all saved settings including Wi-Fi password that you used. Your phone will reboot automatically once the reset is done. After it boots up, reconnect to your Wi-Fi network and check if opening the Facebook app will push through.
Fifth solution: Uninstall then reinstall the not working Facebook app on your iPhone X.
The Facebook app might have been exposed to errors that could corrupt its whole system. If that’s the case, it could be unusable already. It is vital to remove the corrupted app on your device and reinstall it, which could make a huge difference on its performance. Doing so will allow you to remove glitches that’s already embedded on the app’s system and hinders the resolution of the issue. To give this a try, perform these steps:
- From the Home screen, tap and hold on an app icon until the icons start jiggling.
- Tap the X on the app you want to delete.
- Select Delete to confirm the deletion of the selected app.
- Perform a restart on your iPhone.
- After the reboot process is done, open the App store from the Home screen.
- Tap on your profile icon then tap on Purchased.
- Tap the Not on This iPhone tab.
- Select the app that you want to reinstall on your device.
- If you don’t see the app from the selected tab, try switching to All tab.
Just set up your Facebook app after installing it again then check if the not loading problem has been rectified.
Still having a Facebook app not loading on your iPhone X?
Getting help to Facebook support might be necessary if none of the solutions listed above fixed the app not loading problem. It might be an in-app error that needs a patch update to fix it. You can also send a report to Apple Support and inform them about the issue on your device for further resolution. They can provide you with additional information as well as official recommendations on how to fix your iPhone X with Facebook app that’s not opening after iOS 13.3 update.