In order to gain access to the advanced and new features of iOS 13.1.1 has to offer, Apple users are required to download and update the latest version. However, at times that during the installation process an error occurs with a prompt on the screen that shows “Software Update Failed. An error has occurred downloading iOS 13.1.1. These error is not new and it affects most Apple users anywhere due to reasons such as problems with WiFi or Network connection, and the iPhone just needs to reboot.
When the error prompt on the screen pop up, you are given two options: “Close” and “Settings”. Selecting “Close” means you are exiting from the update process and wait to install again later on, or select “Settings” to visit the settings menu to troubleshoot your device. Read on below to know how to fix iPhone iOS 13.1.1 Software update failed; Error Prompt on the Screen.
If you own an Apple iPhone that supports iOS 13.1.1 or any other iPhone models, we will be glad to assist you with any concerns that you may have with your device, feel free to contact us using this form. This is a free service by the way. We asked, however, that when you do contact us, please try to be as detailed as possible about your concern so that we can accurately assess and give appropriate solutions
HERE ARE THE POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS ON HOW TO FIX iPHONE iOS 13.1.1 UPDATE FAILED; ERROR PROMPT ON THE SCREEN
Solution 1: Restart iPhone and try again after restart
When an error prompt on the screen appears, you can tap and choose “Close” to exit the installation process then proceed with this first solution.
This is a simple method that actually helps solve most of iPhone issues by refreshing your iPhone after restart/reboot. The steps varies with iPhone models because not all iPhone models have the same location for the buttons used for restart and reboot.
For the iPhone 6S, 7, 7 Plus, 8 and 8 Plus Devices:
- Press and hold the Power/Sleep & Wake Button, located at the right side of your device.
- Next, Press and hold the Volume Down Button, located at the right side of your device.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Power/Sleep & Wake Button and Volume Down Button until the device turns off.
- iPhone automatically turns back on
- Slowly release the Power/Sleep & Wake Button and Volume Down Button when the Apple Logo appears.
For the latest iPhone models such as the iphone x, XS, XR, 11, 11 Pro & 11 Pro Max
- Press and release the Volume Up Button, located at the left side of your device,
- Press and release the Volume Down Button. Still located at the left side of your device.
- Next, Press and hold the Power Button, located at the right side of your device. Release until the device display turns off.
- iPhone automatically turns back on after a few seconds and the Apple Logo appears.
Solution 2: Check network status
Before trying again to update after getting the prompt on the screen, you have to make sure that you are connected to a strong WiFi Connection. We can all agree that having a weak and unreliable signal strength could affect the software update to iOS 13.1.1. To check network status, follow these simple steps:
- Start by checking your router device at home or at work. Make sure it is turned ON and is working properly.
- Switch OFF your router about at least 5-10 minutes.
- Then Switch ON the router and connect your iPhone to the WiFi.
- Once the iPhone is successfully connected, try to update again by:
- Go to Settings from the Home Screen
- Tap on General
- Next tap on Software Update
- Try installing iOS 13.1.1 again
Solution 3: Reset Network Settings
If the above mentioned solutions did not help, the next step is to Reset Network Settings on your iPhone. It does not delete personal files but deletes all saved passwords and personalized data and setting and brings it to Default state. It is best to have a backup of your passwords before doing this steps:
To reset all settings:
- Go to Settings from the Home Screen
- Scroll down and Tap on Reset.
- Then tap on Reset All Settings
- Enter Device Passcode if required.
Solution 4: Update iPhone using iTunes
iTunes is a software on your personal computer that is designed to manage all iOS Apple Devices. Update iPhone to iOS 13.1.1 via iTunes is another simple method to install and update your iPhone to the latest iOS 13.1.1 version.
To update via iTunes, follow these simple steps:
- First, the latest iTunes version must be downloaded and installed on your personal computer. You download by visiting the Apple Website.
- Next, once iTunes is already installed, connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cord. Then, wait for iTunes to recognize your device.
- Select on the iOS device from iTunes.
- Now, Click on Summary from the options on the screen.
- Once the next screen is open, select the Check for Updates option.
- Finally, click on Update. Available iOS update version will appear
- During the installation process, always remember not to disconnect your device before the update is complete.
Getting an update error failed can be frustrating and a little confusing as well that is why potential solutions are listed above to help fix iPhone iOS 13.1.1 update failed; error prompt on the screen.
Connect with us
Did any of the solutions mentioned above resolve your error issue of Apple iPhone Software update on iOS 13.1.1? If you have any questions & concerns regarding your iPhone , feel free to connect with us using this form. We will be of help and will provide you with a free technical support. Just make sure to provide us with the details as possible for us to make an accurate assessment and provide you appropriate intervention. Also, do let us know your experience along the way. I look forward to hearing from you.