Whenever you try to update or restore your iPhone using iTunes there’s a possibility that you will get the error 4013. The error message that you will usually get is “The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4013)”. This error means that there is no communication link between the phone and iTunes which could be caused by a faulty USB cord or faulty USB port. Listed below are the recommended troubleshooting steps that you need to perform for this particular problem.
Error 9/4013/4014 when Restore iPhone?
3 steps to fix your iPhone with Reiboot, No data loss.
- Click to download
- Connect to your device
- Fix all Phone problems
Work for iPhone 11/XS/XR/S/8/7/6/5s/5
How To Fix iPhone Error 4013
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed in your computer.
- Force restart your device. Please refer to online guides on how to force restart your particular model.
- Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
- When iTunes asks you to update or restore, click Update (not Restore) to reinstall iOS and keep your personal data.
If the issue persists then proceed with the additional troubleshooting steps listed below.
- Check for updates to your Mac or PC. If you restart your computer for an update, check for updates again after you restart.
- Try to restore your device using another USB cable.
- Try to restore your device on another computer.
In case the above steps does not fix the problem then you should contact the Apple support group regarding this matter.
Engage with us
If you have any concerns regarding your iPhone feel free to contact us using this form. We will provide you with free technical support regarding the issue you are facing with your device. Just make sure to provide as much detail as possible so that we can make an accurate diagnosis.