In this troubleshooting guide, we will show you how to fix the slow Internet connection issue on your iPhone 12 Mini. We will look into the most common possibilities and rule them out one after another, until we can determine the cause and fix the problem. Continue reading to learn more.
Slow Internet connection issues are often not that serious. In fact, you may be able to fix them by doing a couple of basic procedures. However, if it’s an issue with your network, you may need to call your Internet service provider, regardless if you’re using mobile data or Wi-Fi. But as the owner of the phone, try doing some troubleshooting before doing so. With that being said, here’s what we suggest you do:
First solution: Restart the router and your iPhone
Most of the time, a slow browsing issue occurs if your router has been online for quite some time. A simple reboot will refresh its memory and fix it. The same goes for your iPhone. So it’s better to also refresh its memory by doing the forced restart. Here’s how you do those things:
- Unplug the router from the wall outlet, or disconnect the cord from the main unit.
- Wait for about a minute or two before plugging it back in, or reconnecting the cord to the router.
- While waiting, quickly press and release the Volume Up button and then the Volume Down button.
- Immediately after that, press and hold the Power key for 8 seconds. This will trigger your iPhone to shut down and power back up.
- Once the Apple logo shows, release the Power key and allow the device to continue the boot process.
After the reboot, try to see if your iPhone 12 Mini now has a fast and smooth Internet connection.
Second solution: Forget and reconnect to the network
The next thing you have to do is your iPhone 12 Mini still has a very slow Internet connection even after doing the first solution, is to delete the current Wi-Fi connection and then reconnect to it. This will re-establish the connection between your device. Here’s how:
- Launch the Settings app, and then tap Wi-Fi.
- Tap the Info icon next to the network your iPhone is connected to.
- Tap Forget This Network, and tap Forget to confirm.
- Allow your iPhone to scan for available networks, and then tap the network you want to connect to.
- Enter the Password, and tap Join to connect to it.
Once the iPhone is properly connected to the network, try to see if the Internet connection speed has improved.
Third solution: Reset the Network settings
After doing the first two solutions and your iPhone 12 Mini still has a slow Internet connection, then try checking with your other devices if they too have the same problem. If their connection is normal except for your iPhone 12 Mini, then it’s time for you to reset the Network settings. This will fix any wireless connection problems. Here’s how it’s done:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and then touch Reset.
- Touch Reset Network Settings.
- If prompted, enter your security lock.
- Tap Reset Network Settings at the bottom of the screen.
After the network settings reset, perform a speed test to know if the problem is already fixed. This procedure has been proven to fix issues like this, however, if the issue remains, then move on to the next solution.
Fourth solution: Call your service provider
When it comes to fixing network-related or browsing issues, the first three solutions are often enough to fix them. However, if it continues to bug you, it’s better to seek assistance from your Internet Service Provider.
It’s always possible that there’s a problem with the network. The router should also be checked, especially if your other devices have the same problem. The same goes if you’re using Cellular Data to connect to the Internet.
We hope that this simple troubleshooting guide has been helpful one way or the other.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel. Thanks for reading!
- What To Do If Snapchat Crashes On iPhone 12 Mini After iOS 14.4 Update
- iPhone 12 Mini Face ID Feature Stopped Working After iOS 14.4 Update
- How To Fix Facebook That Keeps Crashing on iPhone 12 Mini