Getting the latest iPhone sold in the market can be exciting as you wanted to try new apps and features that comes along with it. Ideally, downloading an app to your iPhone is relatively simple and very easy. However, Apple users are frustrated since there have been reports of not being able to download apps on their iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max. The problem is not just downloading an app but updating it as well.
There can be possible and quite obvious reasons Apple user are experiencing download and update issues. It can either be that App Store is having some technical system issues, or perhaps problems with your Apple ID and or problems with the settings on your iPhone. Whatever the cause may be, read on for ways on how to fix iphone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Mac unable to download apps.
If you own an Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max or any other iPhone models, we will be glad to assist you with any concerns that you may have with your device, feel free to contact us using this form. This is a free service by the way. We asked, however, that when you do contact us, please try to be as detailed as possible about your concern so that we can accurately assess and give appropriate solutions.
POTENTIAL SOLUTIONS ON HOW TO FIX iPHONE 11, iPHONE 11 PRO AND iPHONE 11 PRO MAX UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD APPS
Solution 1: Check Apple System Status
Before doing any troubleshooting on your device, make sure to check Apple System Status to see if App Store or any app on iPhone is having any technical issues. If the App Store system on the Apple System Status website is “Green”, it means that the app is available and working perfectly. If an app system is not on “Green”, it simply means that Apple is working on it to resolve the problem it is experiencing.
Solution 2: Check WiFi Connection
When you are trying to download or update an app using your cellular connection, this may be the cause why download or update fails. The maximum limit to download over a cellular data is 200mb on just a single download. If you are trying to download an app over a cellular like 4G or LTE, you are probably on the maximum limit for download that it why Apple is preventing you to download or update an app especially if the app you are trying to download is bigger than the limit.
To be safe, make sure to download or update an app using a WiFi connection. WiFi connection have a strong and reliable connection than 4G and LTE cellular. Also, aside, connecting to a WiFi connection can prevent disruption of the entire download process.
Solution 3: Restart App Store
There may be a bug with the App Store or at times it can crash that is causing download and update to fail. An easy solution to help fix is to restart App Store app.
Quitting App Store app on your iPhone is very simple, although the steps to quit or restart an app may differ with iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max and other models that does not have a Home Button may differ from those with a home button. Which means accessing the multitasking screen can be a little different.
To quit or close App store:
- From the bottom of the screen of your iPhone, swipe up for multitasking screen to appear.
- Then , swipe up off the App Store app
- To return to the Home Screen, you can either tap on the wallpaper of your iPhone or swipe up again from the bottom.
Solution 4: Pause and Restart the Download and Update of App
At times, when your download or update has already started at some point but was interrupted for some reason you can try to fix it by stopping and pausing the download for a while. To do this, just tap on the icon of the app you are trying to download or update, then wait for at least 2-3 minutes. Tap the app again to resume the download or update process.
Solution 5: Force Restart or Reboot iPhone
Aside from restarting the App Store app, force restarting your iPhone can sometimes help fix the download and update problem on your iPhone. A simple explanation to this is that when there are problems on your iPhone operating system caused by a glitch, a force restart refreshes your iPhone to a new start.
A simple restart is done by simply turning Off and turning back On your iPhone. However, if that doesn’t resolve you may need to do a reboot on your iPhone. To do this simply follow these steps:
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up Button located at the left side of your iPhone.
- Next, press and quickly release the Volume Down Button, located just below the Volume Up Button.
- Then, press and hold Sleep/Wake Button located at the right side of your iPhone.
- Wait for the ‘Slide to Power Off” appears, release pressing on the Sleep/Wake Button.
- Slide from left to right on the ‘Slide to Power Off” to reboot the iPhone.
- Wait for iPhone to normally start
- Try to download and update an app to see if it is resolved.
One important thing to remember though is that rebooting an iPhone may differ with iPhone models.
Solution 6: Check payment method on Apple ID
In some instances, Apple is preventing you to download an app if you are having problems with your payment method i.e. credit card to your Apple ID. This is also applicable not just when purchasing or updating a paid app but to free apps as well. When you do not have a payment method, if your card used for payment is expired it can lead to an error message “Verification Required”. To fix this, simply update your Apple ID to add a payment method that is valid to be able to download and update an app on App Store of your iPhone.
Here’s how to update to add payment method:
- Tap on Settings from the Home Screen of your iPhone.
- Tap on your Name, located at the upper left portion of the screen
- Then, tap on Payment & Shipping tab.
- Enter Touch ID if required.
- Check existing payment method status for validity, update if possible.
- If there are no existing payment methods, tap on Add Payment Method.
- Tap on either two payment options: Credit/Debit Card or Paypal
- For Credit/Debit Card: input correct information and details i.e cardholders name, card number, CVV code, expiration code, phone number and billing address of the cardholder.
For PayPal follow on-screen instruction steps on how to connect to your PayPal Account.
9. Finally, tap on Done to save update on payment method.
Solution 7: Sign Out and Sign Back In to App Store
One of the many reasons why you are unable to download apps on iPhone 11 line up is probably because you are experiencing problems with your Apple ID. Aside from checking Apple System Status on Apple website to check if Apple ID is having some technical issues, you can also sign out and sign back in to App store can sometimes help fix the problem. To do this, simply:
- Tap on Settings from the Home Screen.
- Tap on iTunes and App Store
- Next, tap on Apple ID.
- then , tap on Sign Out.
- After a few seconds, Sign Back in your Apple ID by entering the correct username and password.
- Try to download and update again to see if it resolves.
Solution 8: Update to the latest iOS
It is important that your iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max is running the latest iOS versions. When Apple releases a new iOS update it is simply because it fixes a bug or a glitch that the previous iOS is having. Thereby, whenever you are unable to download or update an app because of a bug or glitch, updating to a new iOS can sometimes fix it.
To check for the latest update:
- Tap on Settings from the Home Screen of your iPhone
- Next, tap on General
- Then, tap on Software Update
- You will see if your software is up to date or a new update is available for download.
Solution 9: Set Date & Time to Automatic
Sometimes incorrect Date and Time Settings on your device can affect your ability to download and update an app. To help fix this, make sure Date & Time Settings automatically sets:
- Go to Settings from the Home Screen
- Tap on General
- Next, tap on Date & Time tab
- Finally, toggle ON ‘Set Automatically’ tab by sliding to ON or green.
Solution 10: Reset iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max
Bugs and glitch that prevents your from downloading and updating an app can be caused by technical issues on your iPhone’s settings. Sometimes, doing a reset on your iPhone can help fix the issue. Doing these does not erase contents and data on your iPhone but deletes saved passwords and setting preferences, thus it is important to take note of all saved passwords to be used to log in later on as this method returns all settings to default.
To Reset iPhone:
- Tap on Settings from the Home Screen
- Then, tap on General
- Scroll down from the list of option, tap on Reset
- Then, tap on Reset All Settings
- Enter Passcode or Touch ID to confirm action
Did any of the potential solutions mentioned above resolves iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max unable to download apps? If not, Connect with us:
If you have any questions & concerns regarding your iPhone , feel free to connect with us using this form. We will be of help and will provide you with a free technical support about your concern. Just make sure to provide us with the detail as possible for us to make an accurate assessment and provide you appropriate intervention. Also, do let us know your experience along the way. I look forward to hearing from you.