This post will teach you how to set or change the SIM PIN on the Apple iPhone SE 2020 handset. Read on for more detailed instructions.
Each SIM card you insert into your smartphone has a unique PIN or personal identification code. It’s sole purpose is to protect the SIM card from any unauthorized access and thereby prevents any unauthorized phone calls or cellular data usage on your device.
With SIM PIN enabled, you will be required to enter the correct identification code or SIM PIN code to unlock your SIM card every time you restart your phone or remove the SIM card.
If you’re wondering how to access the iOS 13 settings where you can set or change the SIM PIN, the following steps will walk you through the entire process.
Easy Steps to Set or Change the SIM PIN on your iPhone SE 2020
Time Needed : 5 minutes
The following steps are actually based on the new iPhone SE 2020 user interface and can likewise be applied to other iPhones running on the same iOS version. Screenshots are also provided as visual representations for easier screen navigation.
- To get started, go to the Home screen and then tap the Settings icon.
Doing so will let you access the main settings menu of the phone with all the basic and advanced features listed.
- You can scroll down to view more items.
To proceed with this demo, tap Cellular.
The Cellular settings will show up on the next window.
- Scroll down to the bottom section and then tap SIM PIN.
Doing so will open a new screen with the SIM PIN toggle.
- To enable the feature, simply tap to turn on the switch next to SIM PIN.
The numeric keypad will load up afterwards.
- Key in the numbers that you'd like to set as the SIM PIN on your device.
SIM PINs typically consist of a four-digit to an eight-digit code.
Just pick a unique code that's easy for you to recall.
Be sure to take note of that code because you will need to enter it every time you restart your phone as well as when you remove and re-insert the SIM card.
- In the case where you've already set up a SIM PIN, just key in the existing PIN or code to unlock your SIM card.
Again, enter the PIN with prudence to avoid ending up with a locked SIM card.
By then, you can follow the rest of the onscreen commands to change the PIN accordingly.
If you prefer not to use a SIM PIN to unlock your SIM card, simply go back to the settings menu where you can turn off the SIM PIN switch.
- iOS 13.6
- Apple iPhone SE 2020
Successive of incorrect SIM PIN entries will permanently lock your SIM card. Thus, you will need to secure a new SIM card, if that happens.
When Help is NEEDED
Contact your carrier or SIM card provider for further assistance in unlocking your SIM card using the default SIM PIN or PUK code, if needed. Your carrier might be able to provide you with a personal unlock key.
Failure to unlock the SIM card using the SIM PIN or PUK code will trigger the PUK exhausted alert to show up and if that happens, you will be asked for a new SIM card instead.
To view more comprehensive tutorials and troubleshooting videos on different mobile devices, feel free to visit The Droid Guy channel on YouTube anytime.
Hope this helps!
- How To Manage Internal Storage, SIM card, SIM PIN, PUK Code Unlock On Apple iPhone 8
- Apple iPhone XR SIM card management Guide: How to remove or insert SIM card on your iPhone XR
- How to fix an iPhone 8 that keeps losing signal? [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to activate an iPhone without a SIM card