Watching your favorite videos might get interrupted if you have a Youtube that keeps crashing on iPhone XR after installing iOS 13.2.3 update. You might be having this kind of problem as part of the post-update errors or some sort of internet connection issue.
What we’ll tackle in this post are common workarounds that are proven effective in clearing software-related errors after installing an update. If you happen to experience a Youtube that keeps crashing after updating to iOS 13.2.3 on iPhone XR, fee free to browse this page.
Troubleshoot iPhone XR with Youtube that keeps crashing after iOS 13.2.3 update
Good internet connection is needed for your Youtube app to play videos especially on HD contents. If there’s a problem on your internet connection or it is not fast enough to play videos, it could cause a Youtube that keeps crashing problem. Random bugs from software update could add as a trigger of the problem and may affect how the app performs. To deal with a Youtube that keeps crashing on iPhone XR after installing iOS 13.2.3, follow the procedures listed below.
But before performing the steps, make sure that you’re getting good internet connection by testing other apps if they work properly. Otherwise, contact your Internet service provider to verify if there’s an ongoing service maintenance or server upgrades. Once you verified that you have a good internet connection, continue executing the procedures below.
First solution: Close background apps and reboot your iPhone XR.
Closing the background apps is proven helpful in removing conflicts caused by rogue apps. Your iPhone XR might have been affected with a glitch that causes some apps to go erratic and affect the normal working apps. It might be the cause on why Youtube keeps crashing on your iPhone XR after the update. To do that, perform the steps below:
- Swipe your finger up and then pause from the Home screen.
- Swipe left or right to navigate through the apps preview.
- Then swipe up on each app’s preview to close individual background apps.
After closing all background apps, perform a reboot on your device to refresh the system and clear extra cache files. You can start first with a soft reset and here’s how:
- Press and hold the Power/Side button and either of the Volume buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Release both buttons once Slide to Power off prompt appears on the screen.
- Drag the Power off slider to the right to turn off your phone.
- After 30 seconds, press and hold the Power/Side button again until you see the Apple logo.
Another way to reboot your iPhone XR is through force restart. You can perform this process in conjunction with soft reset as they usually provide the same benefits. It could also further remove rogue apps and enhance your phone’s performance. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Press and release the Volume Up button quickly.
- Press and release the Volume Down button quickly.
- Lastly, press and hold the Side button for a few seconds until you see the Apple logo.
Just wait for your phone to complete the reboot process then open Youtube app to check if the issue has been resolved.
Second solution: Update Youtube app on your iPhone XR.
Updating the app to its latest version could remove incompatibility issues from the latest software update and fix in-app errors that might be causing Youtube that keeps crashing. This will also enhance the apps capability to cope up with random bugs. Just follow the steps below.
- From the Home screen, tap on App Store to open it.
- Tap on Today tab at the bottom.
- Then tap on the user profile icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- You should see the account details.
- Scroll down to the Available Updates section.
- Tap on Update next to the Youtube app to update it.
You can also update all apps as this will help in removing conflicts and cure errors on the apps. Just tap on Update All to update all apps simultaneously. After installing all app updates, reboot your iPhone XR to implement necessary changes and refresh the system. Then check if you can use Youtube without the crashing problem.
Third solution: Reset network settings to fix Youtube that keeps crashing.
iOS overrides could invalidate some information on the network settings and may cause connection problems. Incorrect or invalid network settings might have been the reason why the Youtube started to act up after installing iOS 13.2.3. To remove any invalid information and clear iOS overrides on your network settings, perform a reset to revert all values and options to their default settings. Here’s how it’s done:
- Access Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down to and then select Reset.
- Tap the Reset Network Settings option.
- Enter your device passcode once prompted.
- Then tap to confirm network settings reset.
Your phone will reboot automatically after the reset process is done. Once it’s up and running, open Youtube and verify if the issue persists.
Fourth solution: Clear Youtube app cache on your iPhone XR.
Software glitches could also affect the files and data being used by Youtube app to work properly. Clearing the app cache will delete the older files along with the erratic ones and will pave the way of newer files and data to be stored. This might fix your Youtube that keeps crashing. If you wish to give this a try, here are the steps:
- Access Settings from the Home screen.
- Select General.
- Tap on iPhone Storage.
- Tap on Manage Storage.
- Select a file in Documents and Data.
- Drag unwanted files to the left and click on Delete.
- Tap on Edit, then select Delete All option to wipe out all of the app’s data.
Reboot your device after clearing the app cache to refresh the system then check if Youtube still crashes or not anymore.
Fifth solution: Uninstall then reinstall Youtube app on your iPhone XR.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the app might help in fixing the problem as it will generally refresh the apps system just like you installed the Youtube for the first time. This should remove software glitches that might have caused your app to get corrupted. If you’re ready, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, tap and hold on an app icon until the icons start jiggling.
- Tap the X on the app you want to delete.
- Select Delete to confirm the deletion of the selected app.
- Perform a restart on your iPhone.
- After the reboot process is done, open the App store from the Home screen.
- Tap on your profile icon then tap on Purchased.
- Tap the Not on This iPhone tab.
- Select the app that you want to reinstall on your device.
- If you don’t see the app from the selected tab, try switching to All tab.
Once the reinstallation is completed, setup your Youtube app and use it as normal to check if the issue has been rectified.
Still having a Youtube that keeps crashing on iPhone XR?
You can also try other advanced solutions to deal with the problem if none of the solutions worked such as factory reset, recovery mode restore and DFU mode restore. They handle complex system errors that might have been preventing your Youtube app to work properly. Just create backups of your important files beforehand if you wish to give them a try.
Contacting Youtube app support might be beneficial for you as they can provide with additional information on how to fix the issue. You can also escalate this matter to Apple support for them to investigate the matter and provide you with official recommendations on how to fix the Youtube app that keeps crashing on iPhone XR after iOS 13.2.3 update.