The #Apple #iPhone5 is one of the older generation iPhone models released in September 2012 that’s still being used today. It has a high quality body made of an Aluminum material with a 4 inch IPS LCD screen having a resolution of 640 x 1136 pixels that’s protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. It sports a single 8MP main camera at the back and a single 1.2MP selfie camera at the front. Under the hood is an Apple A6 dual core processor which is paired with 1GB of RAM. Although this is a solid performing device there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Apple iPhone 5 won’t turn on issue.
If you own an iPhone 5 or any other iPhone model for that matter then feel contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concerns that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix The Apple iPhone 5 Won’t Turn On Issue
There are two possible reasons as to why your phone will not turn on. The first reason is a faulty hardware component. If this is the culprit then you will need to have the phone repaired at a service center. The second reason is a software glitch. If this is what’s causing the problem then you can fix this by following the troubleshooting steps listed below.
Make sure the battery of the phone is charged
The first thing you will need to do is to make sure that the battery of the phone has sufficient charge. This will allow you to eliminate the possibility of the issue being caused by a drained battery. Follow the steps listed below to charge the device.
- Clean the charging port of the phone using a can of compressed air. Make sure that any dirt or debris stuck in this port is removed.
- Fully charge the phone using its wall charger.
- In case the phone does not charge then try using a different charging cord and wall charger. You should also try charging the phone from a computer USB port in case charging using the wall charger fails to work.
Once the phone has sufficient charge you should try turning on the device.
Perform a force restart
Sometimes the temporary data stored in your phone can get corrupted and can cause this problem. If this is the culprit then a force restart will be able to fix this as it will refresh the phone software.
- Press and hold the Home button.
- While holding the Home button, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button.
- Continue holding both buttons for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
Check if the Apple iPhone 5 won’t turn on issue still occurs.
Perform a hard reset
One last troubleshooting step to consider is a hard reset. This will revert your phone back to its factory condition. Take note that this will erase your phone data so make sure to have a backup copy before proceeding.
- Make sure that the phone is off
- Insert the USB cable then hold the Home button while connecting the phone to a computer with iTunes running.
- On the computer when you are prompted that itunes has detected the iPhone in recovery mode click on OK.
- Click on Restore iPhone.
- Click on Restore and Update.
- iTunes will begin to restore your iPhone.
Check if the Apple iPhone 5 won’t turn on issue still occurs. If the phone still does not turn on then this could already be caused by a faulty hardware component. The best thing to do right now is to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.
Engage with us
If you have any concerns regarding your iPhone feel free to contact us using this form. We will provide you with free technical support regarding the issue you are facing with your device. Just make sure to provide as much detail as possible so that we can make an accurate diagnosis.