Ever you wonder why Youtube can’t play videos after updating to iOS 13.2.3 on your iPhone XS Max? Blame it to the random bugs that causes error on your system after the software update. Do you still have that error on your device and you’re trying to look for a fix?
The answer to your problem are actually written in this article. You’ll find basic procedures below that could help you deal with Youtube can’t play videos on iPhone XS Max after iOS 13.2.3 update. Continue reading and find out how.
Also read: Common fixes for different apps that keeps crashing on iPhone XR after iOS 13.2.3 update [An Overview]
Troubleshoot Youtube can’t play videos on iPhone XS Max after installing iOS 13.2.3
Installing a new software update always bring the good and the bad on your device. It brings the good by providing fixes to reported errors and stabilizes the phone’s system. It could bring the bad as new errors and glitches occur right after the installation. One of the reported post-update errors by few iPhone XS Max users is a Youtube can’t play videos after updating to iOS 13.2.3. If that’s what you’re trying to fix on your device, feel free to follow the solutions listed below.
Prior performing the steps, make sure that your internet connection doesn’t have any issues. You may verify if other devices can play youtube or browse the Internet without a problem.
First solution: Close all background apps on your iPhone XS Max.
Third-party applications like Youtube can succumb to such error as they can be vulnerable to software glitches if they’re left suspended in the background while the update is ongoing. These background apps are the previously opened applications but has not been totally closed. Quitting these apps can help in fixing Youtube can’t play videos problem by removing conflicts and refresh their operation. Perform the steps below to close Youtube and all other apps that are running in the background:
- Swipe your finger up and then pause from the Home screen.
- Swipe left or right to navigate through the apps preview.
- Then swipe up on each app’s preview to close individual background apps.
Once all apps are closed, relaunch Youtube and check if you can play videos this time.
Second solution: Reboot your iPhone XS Max to fix Youtube can’t play videos.
Problems that occur after installing a new software update might have been caused by minor software glitches which can be fixed easily by restarting your device. Doing so will recalibrate your phone to the newly installed software by expediting the implementation of changes. This process will also remove dump cache as well as rogue apps that might have been causing Youtube can’t play videos problem. You can reboot your device by performing a soft reset or a force restart.
Here are the steps for soft reset:
- Press and hold the Power/Side button and either of the Volume buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Release both buttons once Slide to Power off prompt appears on the screen.
- Drag the Power off slider to the right to turn off your phone.
- After 30 seconds, press and hold the Power/Side button again until you see the Apple logo.
Here’s how to force restart:
- Press and release the Volume Up button quickly.
- Press and release the Volume Down button quickly.
- Lastly, press and hold the Side button for a few seconds until you see the Apple logo.
You can always perform both process as they won’t affect your phone’s internal memory, so there’s no need to worry about losing any personal information on your device.
Third solution: Install pending app updates on your iPhone XS Max.
Outdated app versions may cause several app errors as they might be incompatible with the new software version on your phone’s system. They can easily give in to errors that could affect their functionality. Updating them to their latest version should improve their performance and could let them cope up with the recent changes on your device. This might also fix the Youtube can’t play videos error. If you have not yet updated the apps or if you’ve not set automatic app updates, you can manually update them with the steps below:
- From the Home screen, tap on App Store to open it.
- Tap on Today tab at the bottom.
- Then tap on the user profile icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- You should see the account details.
- Scroll down to the Available Updates section.
- Tap on Update next to the app to update individual apps.
- Tap on Update All to update all apps simultaneously.
After updating all apps, reboot your device to implement necessary changes and remove dump cache. Then try to play videos on Youtube to check if the issue has been resolved.
Fourth solution: Reset network settings on your iPhone XS Max.
Improper network settings can cause complications to app services that uses the Internet for their functionality. Youtube can’t play videos issue might have been derived from an invalid or incorrect network settings. This can be made possible if iOS 13.2.3 update tends to alter some information automatically. To remove possible iOS overrides that may have caused the problem on your iPhone XS Max, perform reset network settings as this will delete all customized network settings and revert them to their default values and options. Here’s how it’s done:
- Access Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down to and then select Reset.
- Tap the Reset Network Settings option.
- Enter your device passcode once prompted.
- Then tap to confirm network settings reset.
An automatic reboot will be initiated on your device once the reset is completed. Setup your Wi-Fi network and check if the issue has been rectified.
Fifth solution: Uninstall then reinstall Youtube app on your iPhone XS Max.
Software glitches could go deeper and affect how the app will perform. They could even make an app go corrupted and this might have been the reason why Youtube can’t play videos on your iPhone XS Max. Once an app is corrupted, it might not work properly anymore. To fix this problem, get a new app and uninstall the old one. This will remove tough software glitches that’s mingling on the app’s system. Here’s how to uninstall and reinstall the Youtube app:
- From the Home screen, tap and hold on an app icon until the icons start jiggling.
- Tap the X on the app you want to delete.
- Select Delete to confirm the deletion of the selected app.
- Perform a restart on your iPhone.
- After the reboot process is done, open the App store from the Home screen.
- Tap on your profile icon then tap on Purchased.
- Tap the Not on This iPhone tab.
- Select the app that you want to reinstall on your device.
- If you don’t see the app from the selected tab, try switching to All tab.
After a successful reinstallation, make sure that you have a good internet connection then check if videos will play this time.
Still having a Youtube can’t play videos error on your iPhone XS Max?
Internet problems could also owe you a Youtube can’t play videos. To make sure that this is not the culprit why this issue occurs on your iPhone XS Max after the update, you can contact your Internet service provider to confirm that matter.
You may also try performing other advanced solutions to deal with the problem like factory reset, recovery mode restore and DFU mode restore. Apple support might be able to provide you with additional information as well as official recommendations on how to fix your iPhone XS Max with Youtube can’t play videos after iOS 13.2.3 update. Contacting them might be beneficial for the resolution of this issue.