Getting a new iPhone 12 but can’t set it up properly as it shows the server is unavailable error? This post will guide you through on how to get out of the iPhone 12 with server is unavailable error. Read further for more information.
How to Get Rid of the Server is Unavailable Error on iPhone 12
Problems on Apple’s server may often lead to the server’s unavailable error on iPhone 12. This could be due to system maintenance or upgrades that they are doing. Before you perform any troubleshooting procedures, make sure to verify this with Apple.
If their server has no problem and you still have an iPhone 12 with server is unavailable error and can’t activate it, follow the steps below and see which one will resolve the problem.
First Solution: Check if SIM card is Activated
It is important that the SIM card you are using is activated and works properly. Using a non-activated or damaged SIM card may result in server activation problems. To verify this matter, try to insert your SIM card to a different device and check if it works properly. If it does, proceed with the next solution.
If the SIM card does not work on a different phone, contact your carrier provider and verify for the status of your SIM for further assistance. The server is unavailable error on your iPhone 12 may be due to a not working SIM card.
Second Solution: Remove and Re-insert the SIM on iPhone 12
Since the server’s unavailable error is related to SIM card problems, it is worth trying this procedure. This is to ensure that your iPhone and SIM card are calibrated. Doing so will also remove the possibility of a SIM card glitch that may have been causing the problem on your iPhone 12.
- Turn off your iPhone completely.
- Get the SIM ejector tool then insert it into the small hole on the SIM tray. The SIM tray is found on the side of your iPhone.
- Gently push the ejector tool until the tray pops out.
- Remove the SIM card from the tray and inspect it for any signs of damage like liquid traces and scratches. If there’s none, place the SIM card back into the tray in the same position and orientation before it was removed.
- Push the SIM card tray back into the phone until it’s locked.
After putting back the SIM tray, turn on your iPhone and check if the server is already working.
Third Solution: Restore your iPhone 12 Pro via iTunes
If the problem persists up to this point, redownloading the iPhone’s software might be a good idea. Recovery mode restore will remove those stubborn glitches that may have been preventing the proper communication between your iPhone and Apple’s server. This might be the answer to the activation issue on the device.
To carry out this process, just prepare a Mac or Windows computer with the latest iTunes installed. Also ensure that your computer runs on the latest operating system that is compatible with your iPhone 12 and it has a good internet connection.
If all requirements are met, connect your device to the computer using the Apple-supplied USB/lightning cable. Then allow iTunes to sync with your iPhone and backup files, if possible. Once the backup is secured, follow these steps to put your iPhone in recovery mode and then restore iOS in iTunes:
- Press and release the Volume Up button quickly.
- Press and release the Volume Down button quickly.
- Then press and hold the Power/Side button once prompted with Connect to iTunes screen. Do not release the button when the Apple logo appears as you will need to enter recovery mode state.
- Once you enter the recovery mode, you’ll see either Update or Restore option.
- Select Restore if you want to reinstall and download iOS on your device without erasing data.
Do not disconnect your phone and keep it connected until the entire restore process is finished. You can also try to set up your iPhone 12 once the restore procedure has been completed and check if it allows you to connect with Apple’s server this time.
Still Showing Server is Unavailable Error on iPhone 12
If your iPhone 12 is still providing server’s unavailable error up to this point, you may need to consult this matter with Apple support. Just provide them with a quick overview of the issue and the steps that you have taken. If you are looking for a faster solution, a visit to the nearest Apple service center in your area is recommended.
We also have a Youtube channel where you can explore other troubleshooting videos. Feel free to subscribe to it and we would appreciate it if you will like our videos. Thank you.