Facebook is one of the widely used apps in both Android and iOS devices. In fact, millions of smartphone owners have it among the frequently used apps present on their Home screen. That said, many would feel bad if something goes wrong and Facebook suddenly stops working. Nonetheless, Facebook also succumbs into random errors and downtimes as other apps do because of many different factors. Software glitches, malware, invalid settings, and faulty updates are usually the triggers. There are also some cases where network problems are to blame like when a device is experiencing network connectivity issues as the app requires Internet connection to work.
Tackled in this post is a pertinent issue in which Facebook keeps crashing on an iPhone 7 Plus after iOS 11.3.1 update. Apparently, the problem is attributed to the software and therefore, possible to fix. If ever you’re among those who are plagued with the same issue on Facebook, then you may try to troubleshoot the app with these subsequent walkthroughs. Read on and get help, if needed.
Before anything else, if you have other issues with your device, try to browse through our troubleshooting page as we’ve already addressed several issues with this device. Odds are that we’ve already published a post that tackles similar problems. Try finding issues that have similar symptoms with what you currently have and feel free to use the solutions we’ve suggested. If they don’t work for you or if you still need our help, then fill up our questionnaire and hit submit to contact us.
First solution: Clear Facebook and other background apps then restart.
Apps can go rogue at some point due to many factors, including random glitches and faulty updates. For first instances, a Facebook app that’s crashing can denote that Facebook is glitching. To fix the problem, you will need to clear and refresh Facebook app. Here’s how:
- Press the Home button twice quickly. Doing so will open a list of recently used apps on the screen.
- Swipe up on Facebook app to clear it.
- If you see other backgrounds apps, then clear them as well to prevent any of them from causing conflict while using Facebook.
There is a tendency for background apps to crash or get corrupted and when this happens, other apps including Facebook can be affected and therefore, misbehave.
Second solution: Refresh your phone’s Wi-Fi Internet connection.
Facebook is a server-based app and requires an active Internet connection to work as intended. If your device is experiencing network connectivity issues, then server-based apps can also become shaky because its connection to the server is intermittent or unstable. In this fix, you will need to fix network connectivity issue on your iPhone first for Facebook to work properly again. That said, refresh your phone’s internet connection by turning Wi-Fi off and then back on.
To do so, head over to Settings-> Wi-Fi menu and then tap the Wi-Fi switch to turn the feature off. After a few seconds, tap the switch again to turn Wi-Fi back on.
Restart your iPhone afterwards, and then launch Facebook and see if it is already working steady.
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus stuck on ‘Waiting’ when downloading, updating, and restoring [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix Messenger app that keeps crashing on your iPhone 7 Plus (easy steps)
- How to fix Gmail app that keeps crashing on iPhone 7 Plus? [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix an iPhone 7 Plus that has no Internet access even if connected to Wi-Fi (easy steps)
- How to fix your iPhone 7 Plus that cannot pair or connect to a Bluetooth device after updating to iOS 11.3 (easy steps)
Third solution: Update Facebook and other apps, if applicable.
Developers of Facebook app must make sure that the app is always optimized and performing at its best. This is just right given the millions of users of the app. A typical way to maintain their app is by pushing periodic updates. These updates bring in new features and security enhancements to keep the app free from bugs and flaws. Thus, installing app updates is highly recommended. If you haven’t set your device to install updates automatically, then you need to manually check and install available app updates including Facebook. Here’s how:
- Tap the Apps Store icon from the Home screen. Doing so opens the App Store main screen.
- Tap the Updates icon at the bottom right side of the screen. A list of apps with pending updates will then show up.
- Tap the Update button next to Facebook to update the app.
- If multiple app updates are available, tap the Update All button to update all apps at once.
Restart your iPhone when all apps have finished updating. After the reboot, try to open Facebook again and see if the problem is fixed.
Fourth solution: Reset all settings on your iPhone 7 Plus.
The way your iPhone system is configured can affect certain apps, particularly on how they work. For example, you can configure your device to prevent certain apps from auto-updating as well as grant or prevent system access for an application. Having said that, it is possible that how Facebook app behaves has something to do with how pertinent settings are configured on your device. This is likely the underlying cause if Facebook app started to act weird or crash after modifying some settings on your iPhone. To rule this out, you can revert these settings back to their previous configuration. However, if it isn’t possible for you to identify which settings or options to change, then you can just reset all settings on your iPhone instead. After resetting all settings, you can enable necessary features or options individually and based on your preferences.
To reset all settings on your iPhone 7 Plus, go to Settings-> General-> Reset menu. Then tap to select Reset all settings option. If prompted, enter your device passcode to continue and then confirm system settings reset.
This won’t affect any data stored on your iPhone’s internal memory. After the reset, restart your iPhone to apply the changes. Default system settings will then be implemented. Enable all necessary features you want to use including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Fifth solution: Uninstall Facebook app, restart your iPhone then reinstall Facebook.
You may have to consider deleting the app if you’ve already exhausted every possible means to fix the problem on your end but still ended up having the same problem. The app might have been totally corrupted and should therefore be reinstalled. Here’s what to do then:
- Tap and hold on any icon from the Home screen and wait until the icons start to wiggle.
- Tap the X in the corner of Facebook icon to uninstall the app.
- Tap Delete to confirm action.
Wait until Facebook is successfully removed, restart your phone then reinstall Facebook with these steps:
- Tap to open the App Store.
- Enter Facebook in the App Store search field.
- Select Facebook app from the search result.
- Verify and ensure that the selected Facebook app meets the minimum system requirements to run on your iPhone 7 Plus. Otherwise, look for a compatible Facebook app version.
- Tap the Cloud icon or Get button to start downloading and installing Facebook on your iPhone.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID password to continue.
Wait until the app is successfully installed, restart your iPhone and then launch the Facebook app you recently installed. Test and see if it is already working steady.
Seek more help
Contact Facebook Support or visit Facebook Help Center via Facebook’s official website, to relay the issue for further troubleshooting assistance. There might be some advanced settings or options from with the Facebook app that needs to be modified or reconfigured to keep the app blend well with the latest iOS version. If you see any error prompts or codes, take note of them because you can use them as clues on what went wrong and what needs to be done to make the app work as it used to on your iPhone 7 Plus.
You may also report the issue to Apple Support, given that it started after installing the latest iOS update. Doing so will let them carry out further assessment and if necessary, create and push anew minor update containing the required fix patch.
Connect with us
If you need more help with the use of certain functions and features of the new Apple iPhone 7 smartphone, feel free to visit our Tutorial Page. There you can find a list of how-to contents, step-by-step tutorials, as well as answers to FAQs regarding iPhone 7. If you have other concerns or encountered some troubles while using the phone, you can reach us through this form. Just be sure to tell us more details of the problem or device issue(s) you may have and we will be more than happy to assist you further.
Posts you may also like to check out:
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Not Charging Unless Phone Is Restarted Issue & Other Related Problems
- How to fix Apple iPhone 7 Plus poor battery life, drains so fast, other battery issues after iOS 11 update [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix an iPhone 7 Plus notification alert that is not working, showing incorrect notifications after iOS 11 update? [easy steps]
- How to fix an iPhone 7 Plus that cannot connect to or pair with other Bluetooth devices? [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix Apple iPhone 7 Plus that won’t backup to iTunes on a Windows PC or Mac computer [Troubleshooting Guide]