When Apple released the iOS 13 update, a lot of end-users wasted no time and promptly updated their respective iOS devices to find out what’s new. The number of promising new iOS 13 features and system enhancements had apparently ignited many people’s curiosity. But along with these new features are random flaws — from a glitching app to a totally unresponsive device. Tackled in this post is one of the post-update problems many iPhone XS owners encountered following the iOS 13 update installation. Read on to find out how to fix an iPhone XS that got stuck on the white Apple logo after the iOS 13 update and feel free to utilize our simple troubleshooting guide, if you need more help fixing your device.
Before moving on, feel free to browse through our troubleshooting pages to find potential solutions to other problems with your other Apple devices. If your iOS handset is in the list of our supported devices, then you can visit its exclusive troubleshooting page and find the problem that you need help dealing with. You can refer to or use our provided solutions and workarounds if needed. In the case where you’d prefer to get direct assistance from us, simply fill up our iOS issues questionnaire and hit submit to contact us.
Troubleshooting an iPhone XS that’s stuck on white Apple logo after iOS 13 update
You might probably asked how come your iPhone XR got stuck on white Apple logo when in fact, the iOS 13 is supposed to load apps twice faster than the previous iOS version. That was actually the ideal outcome after a successful system transition. But then again, not all apps installed on your iPhone are the same apps that were present during the iOS beta testings. Thus, some of your apps might have gone rogue and caused the system to crash after the system update was actually implemented. On a positive note, the chance of your iPhone working properly again is higher for as long as no hardware damage is present. Just try each of the following solutions to find out which would get your iPhone XS from being stuck on the white Apple logo in iOS 13.
First solution: Force restart your iPhone XS.
When dealing with screen issues like stuck on white Apple logo on iOS 13, the very basic solution that one must try is doing a forced restart. As for a fact that your screen is no longer responsive, you now need to use your phone’s hard keys to give it a quick and fresh start. If you haven’t done this before, follow these steps:
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button.
- Quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
- Then press and hold the Side/Power button until the Apple logo appears.
Wait until your iPhone XS boots up completely. If you were able to pass through the white Apple logo and is already able to navigate your phone, take time to install pending apps updates and do an all settings reset on your iPhone XS to totally eliminate possible triggers such as rogue or corrupted apps and misconfigured settings.
Check for and install pending apps updates.
Even if you were able to get out from the white Apple logo after the forced restart, there is still a possibility that the problem will re-occur especially when the apps installed on your phone are already out-dated. Being said, we recommend to have your apps updated and here is how it is done:
- Launch App Store from your Home screen.
- Tap on your Profile icon located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to Pending Updates section. Note that section won’t be visible if no pending apps updates are available.
- Tap on Update All to install pending apps updates at once.
- Select Updated Recently section to see the apps updates that were recently installed.
Don’t forget to restart (soft/force reset) your iPhone XS after installing all pending apps updates for proper changes implementation.
B. Reset all settings.
There is also a big chance that your phone’s current settings were automatically changed after iOS 13 implementation if the settings were previously customized. Thus, phone with erratic or invalid settings configured obviously will not work as intended. To rule this out, try to reset all settings on your iPhone XS with these steps:
- From the Home screen, launch the Settings app.
- Select General.
- Scroll to and select Reset.
- Tap on Reset all settings option.
- Enter your device passcode when asked to continue.
- Then select the option to confirm all reset settings on your iPhone.
Wait until your phone restarts by itself and see if it’s able to pass through the white Apple logo screen.
However, if your iPhone XS is still stuck on white Apple logo after performing a forced restart, skip apps updates and reset all settings procedures. Instead, proceed to the next solution.
Second solution: Restore your iPhone XS in Recovery Mode through iTunes.
One of the effective ways to troubleshoot iOS device is putting it on Recovery Mode and then restore directly using iTunes. iTunes will help you access your phone’s system, create a file back-up, and restore or update iOS. This option is indeed ideal in fixing iPhones with freezing screen issues like stuck on white Apple logo after doing major software updates. But before attempting to utilize the Recovery Mode restore, make sure to install the latest iTunes version software on your Mac or Windows computer. Then connect your iPhone XS to the computer using the supplied USB cable and follow the steps to carry out Recovery Mode restore:
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button on your iPhone XS.
- Then press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side/Power button until your iPhone XS reboots.
- Continue to press and hold the Side/Power button and then release once the logo Connect To iTunes appears on the screen.
- iTunes will then show a message that your iPhone XS device has already entered recovery mode and will ask you to either Update or Restore your iPhone.
- Select Restore to wipe everything from your phone’s memory and restore the iOS through iTunes. But if you haven’t back-up your phone beforehand, you may instead choose the Update option to reinstall the iOS without causing permanent data loss.
- Then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process. This may take some time for the process to be completed. Once it is done, simply press and hold the Side/Power button until the Connect to iTunes logo disappears to exit from recovery mode.
Once the process has been completed successfully, observe your iPhone XS to see if it is no longer stuck on white Apple logo. If the problem persists, continue troubleshooting your device.
Third solution: Perform a full DFU restore to fix your iPhone XS that is stuck on white Apple logo.
If the aforementioned techniques had been exhausted to no avail, it’s possible that your iOS is totally corrupted and is no longer responding. To fix this major software issue, do a full DFU (Device Firmware Update) restore. With the aid of iTunes, this trick will be able to effectively repair the corrupted operating system and/or the boot-up system of your iPhone device. Here is how it’s done:
- Connect your iPhone XS to the computer using the supplied USB cable and then launch iTunes on your computer.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side/Power button until the screen turns black,
- As soon as the screen becomes black, press and hold the Volume Down button while still holding the Side/Power button for about 5 seconds.
- Then release the Side/Power button but continue to press and hold the Volume Down button until iTunes recognizes your iPhone XS.
- Your phone has successfully entered the DFU mode and is now set to perform an iOS repair and restoration via iTunes. Simply follow the onscreen instructions to complete the iOS restoration process.
Once the restoration process has been completed, restart (soft reset) your iPhone XS to exit DFU mode.
What to do if your iPhone XS remains stuck on white Apple logo in iOS 13?
Utilizing alternative iOS repair and recovery tools can also be deemed among the last options. Some major system problems that could not be dealt with by iTunes can possibly be resolved using third-party iOS repair and recovery tools. Just download and install your preferred software on a compatible computer then connect your iPhone whenever you’re all set to fix it.
Setting up a service appointment at the nearest Apple service center can be considered as the next option if all else failed to fix the problem and your iPhone XS remains stuck on white Apple logo up to this point. There might be some physical or liquid damage present on your device even before the iOS 13 update was installed and it so happened that the symptoms only manifest after updating.
For other suggestions and further assistance, you can also escalate the problem to Apple Support.
Connect with us
We are committed to helping our readers fix the problems with their phones as well as learn how to properly use their devices. So, if you have other issues, you may visit our troubleshooting page so you can check by yourself the articles we’ve already published that contain solutions to common problems. Furthermore, we do create videos to demonstrate how things are done on your phone. Visit our Youtube Channel and please subscribe to it. Thanks.