In this troubleshooting guide, you will learn how to fix Genshin Impact that started to keep on crashing on your iPhone 11 after the iOS 14 update. You will also understand the reason why such a problem occurs every now and then.
Genshin Impact is one of the popular free-to-play games you can download from the App Store. While its developers made sure it works properly, there are users who have encountered an issue or two. The most common problem that has been reported is the app crash.
The game reportedly closes by itself and it’s possible that it’s just a problem exclusive to the app, or it can also be a sign of a firmware issue. But when it comes to issues like this, there are always things you can do and that’s what we’re going to show you in this post. So continue reading as we may be able to help.
First solution: Close the app and force restart your iPhone
Had the game been working properly before, then it’s possible that it’s just a temporary app issue. Most of the time, you can fix it by closing the app and then doing the forced restart. So it must be the first thing that you have to do. Here’s how:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and stop at the middle to view the apps running in the background.
- Now swipe up on every preview to close each of them.
- To force restart your iPhone, quickly press and release the Volume up and then the Volume down button.
- Immediately after that, press and hold the Power key for 10 seconds. This will trigger your device to shut down and power back on.
- Once the Apple logo shows, release the side key and allow the iPhone to reboot.
When the reboot is finished, open the app again and see if the problem is fixed.
Second solution: Uninstall and reinstall Genshin Impact
Another effective solution to this problem is uninstalling the app in question. Doing so will remove all its associations with the firmware and other apps. After that, reinstall the app to make sure you have the latest version. Here’s how you do those things:
- Go to the screen where the Genshin Impact icon is located.
- tap and hold on its icon until options show.
- Tap Remove app, then Delete App.
- Tap Delete to confirm the deletion of the app.
- Once the app is successfully uninstalled, launch the App store.
- Search for Genshin Impact, and then tap the Install icon.
- Wait for the app to be successfully installed on your iPhone.
- When the installation is finished, tap Open to launch it.
Most of the time, these are the only things you need to do to fix an app that keeps on crashing. However, if for some reason the problem continues, then you have to do the next solution.
Third solution: Factory reset your iPhone
A reset will be able to fix this problem but make sure to create a backup of your important files and data because they will be deleted and you may not be able to retrieve them. When ready, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Find and tap General.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and then touch Reset.
- Tap Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Tap Erase Now.
- If prompted, enter your security lock.
- Tap Erase iPhone at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Erase iPhone again to proceed.
- Now enter your Apple ID password, and then tap Erase to proceed with the reset.
- Wait until your iPhone has finished the reset, and then set it up as a new device.
Once everything is set, download and install Genshin Impact again.
We hope that this post can help you.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel. We need your support so we can continue publishing helpful contents in the future.