Facebook makes sure that its applications are updated regularly so that problems are minimized. However, there are still users who encounter some hiccups here and there. Some of those who have encountered having the app crash on their devices are the iPhone SE users.
According to some, the app closes immediately by itself once opened. But there are those who reported that they’re still able to use the app for a few minutes before it closes by itself. Whatever the case may be, you can always fix this kind of problem. With that being said, here’s what you need to do:
First solution: Close Facebook and Force restart your iPhone
Most of the time, app crashes are minor app issues. They occur every now and then but they’re not really difficult to fix. In fixing the Facebook crashes, the first thing that you have to do is to refresh your phone’s memory and reload all apps and services. Here’s how:
- Double press the Home button to view the app previews.
- Swipe up on the Facebook preview to force close it, and do the same to other apps.
- To force restart your iPhone, quickly press and release the Volume Up and then the Volume down.
- Immediately after that, press and hold the Power key for 10 seconds. This will trigger the iPhone to shut down and power back up.
- When the logo shows, release the power key and wait until the reboot is finished.
Once the reboot is finished, try opening Facebook and see if it still crashes.
Second solution: Uninstall Facebook and reinstall it
Another effective solution to this problem is uninstalling Facebook. Doing so will remove all its associations with the firmware and other apps. After that, reinstall it to make sure you have the latest version. Here’s how you do those things:
- Go to the screen where the Facebook icon is located.
- tap and hold on its icon until options show.
- Tap Delete App.
- Tap Delete to confirm the deletion of the app.
- Once the app is successfully uninstalled, launch the App store.
- Search for Facebook, and then tap the Install icon.
- Wait for the app to be successfully installed on your iPhone.
- When the installation is finished, tap Open to launch it.
Most of the time, these are the only things you need to do to fix an app that keeps on crashing. However, if for some reason the problem continues, then you have to do the next solution.
Third solution: Factory reset your iPhone
A reset will be able to fix problems like this. It’s effective but make sure to create a backup of your important files and data because they will be deleted and you may not be able to retrieve them. When ready, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Find and tap General.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and then touch Reset.
- Tap Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Tap Erase Now.
- If prompted, enter your security lock.
- Tap Erase iPhone at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Erase iPhone again to proceed.
- Now enter your Apple ID password, and then tap Erase to proceed with the reset.
- Wait until your iPhone has finished the reset, and then set it up as a new device.
I hope that this simple troubleshooting guide has been helpful one way or the other.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel.