In this post, we will show you what to do to fix Facebook that keeps crashing on your Apple iPhone 12 Mini. May it be due to a server or firmware problem, app crashes can be fixed easily, especially if the app in question is a third-party application. Read on to learn more.
There are a lot of reasons why an app like Facebook starts to crash, but most of the time, the problem can either be with the app’s servers or due to a minor firmware-related problem. Needless to say, you will be able to fix it easily since app crashes aren’t really that serious. If you’re one of the users that’s bugged by this problem, then here’s what you should do:
First solution: Make sure you have Internet connection
Many users have encountered app crashes due to unstable or no connectivity. It often occurs on apps that need to be constantly connected to their servers, including Facebook. That might be the reason why it’s crashing on your iPhone.
So the first thing you have to do is make sure your device has a stable connection. Check if it’s connected to the correct network, regardless of whether you’re using mobile data or Wi-Fi.
You may also do a simple speed test to know how fast your connection is.
If Facebook still crashes even if you have a stable connection, then move on to the next solution.
Second solution: Close Facebook and do the Forced restart
Assuming that you have a good and stable internet connection, then what you need to do next is to refresh the memory of your phone, as well as reload all apps and services. You can easily do that by performing the Forced Restart. Here’s how:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and stop at the middle. This will show you all app previews.
- Swipe up on each preview to close them.
- To force restart your iPhone, quickly press and release the volume up button and then the Volume down button.
- Immediately after that, press and hold the Power key for 10 seconds. This will trigger your device to shut down and power back up.
- Once the logo shows, release the Power key and wait until it’s finished.
After the restart, open Facebook and see if it still crashes.
Third solution: Uninstall and reinstall Facebook
After doing the first two solutions and Facebook is still not working properly, then it’s possible that the problem is with the app. At this point, it’s best to just uninstall it to remove all its installation files. Then reinstall it to make sure you’re using the latest version. Here’s how:
- Go to the screen where the Facebook app is located.
- Tap and hold on the icon until the options show.
- Tap Remove app, and then tap Delete app.
- Tap Delete to confirm you want to remove it.
- Once the app is successfully uninstalled, launch the App Store.
- Search for Facebook.
- Tap the Install icon and wait until it’s successfully installed.
Once the installation is finished, launch Facebook and see if the problem is fixed.
Fourth solution: Factory reset your iPhone
If Facebook still keeps crashing even after reinstalling it, then you have no other choice but to reset your iPhone. It’s a possible firmware issue. But before the reset, backup your important files as they will be deleted. When ready, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Find and tap General.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and then touch Reset.
- Tap Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Tap Erase Now.
- If prompted, enter your security lock.
- Tap Erase iPhone at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Erase iPhone again to proceed.
- Now enter your Apple ID password, and then tap Erase to proceed with the reset.
- Wait until your iPhone has finished the reset, and then set it up as a new device.
The problem should have been fixed by now. Let Facebook be among the first apps you install on your iPhone.
And that’s what you need to do to fix Facebook that keeps crashing on your iPhone 12 Mini. We hope that this guide can help you one way or the other.
Please support us by subscribing to our channel. We need your support so that we can continue creating helpful contents. Thanks for reading!