Having an issue with Facebook app that won’t load or open on your iPhone XS Max after installing iOS 13.2 update? This might sound cliche but post-update errors tend to destroy our smartphone experience. These errors usually attack third-party applications and that’s why issues like unable to load or app crashes are prevalent to them.
Solutions that could fix the Facebook app that won’t load or open after iOS 13.2 update on your iPhone XS Max are written below. Dig deeper and find out how to perform them.
Troubleshoot iPhone XS Max with Facebook app that won’t load or open after iOS 13.2 update
Bugs from software updates could mess the functionality of some apps including Facebook. They could attack randomly and causes disruption on the apps system. This is when errors like won’t load or open occurs. If you’ve been dealing with this problem after installing iOS 13.2 update, follow the procedures below and see how you can fix the Facebook app that won’t load or open on your iPhone XS Max.
First solution: Reboot your iPhone XS Max.
Performing a reboot or restarting your device has been one of the oldest yet effective methods that could clear minor software glitches. Doing so could expedite the application of the recent changes from the software update which could remove incompatibility issues and might resolve the Facebook app that won’t load or open. This will also refresh the system, remove dump cache and clear rogue apps that could also affect the performance of your device.
You can perform a soft reset to reboot your iPhone XS Max. Here are the steps:
- Press and hold the Power/Side button and either of the Volume buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Release both buttons once Slide to Power off prompt appears on the screen.
- Drag the Power off slider to the right to turn off your phone.
- After 30 seconds, press and hold the Power/Side button again until you see the Apple logo.
There are times that when an app crashes or won’t load, the phone’s touch screen becomes unresponsive. If you’ll encounter this case, soft reset won’t be feasible. To reboot your device, you may perform a force restart as an alternative. Here’s how:
- Press and release the Volume Up button quickly.
- Press and release the Volume Down button quickly.
- Lastly, press and hold the Side button for a few seconds until you see the Apple logo.
You can always perform both procedures as they won’t affect the phone’s internal memory so your personal information should remain intact. After rebooting your device, relaunch the Facebook app and see if it loads completely. If not, proceed to the next procedure.
Second solution: Install pending app updates on your iPhone XS Max.
As mentioned earlier, incompatibility issues could affect the performance of some apps. Since a new software version is now running on your phone’s system, it also changes some of the algorithms. To align outdated apps and remove incompatibility cases, update them to their latest version. This could also fix in-app errors and might increase the chance in eliminating the issue on Facebook app that won’t load or open. Here’s how to do it:
- From the Home screen, tap on App Store to open it.
- Tap on Today tab at the bottom.
- Then tap on the user profile icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- You should see the account details.
- Scroll down to the Available Updates section.
- Tap on Update next to the app to update individual apps.
- Tap on Update All to update all apps simultaneously.
After installing all app updates, reboot your iPhone XS Max and then open Facebook to check if the issue has been resolved.
Third solution: Reset network settings to fix Facebook that won’t load or open.
Having proper network settings on your device is essential for online apps such as Facebook to work properly. Customizing the network settings could endanger the online services on your device plus iOS override is just around the corner. If incorrect or invalid settings are at fault why you have a Facebook app that won’t load or open, reset network settings to delete all customized network settings and revert them to their default values and options. Doing so will remove iOS overrides on your network settings. Here’s how it’s done:
- Access Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down to and then select Reset.
- Tap the Reset Network Settings option.
- Enter your device passcode once prompted.
- Then tap to confirm network settings reset.
An automatic reboot will normally happen once the reset is done. Wait for your phone to complete the process then check if Facebook app works fine.
Fourth solution: Clear app cache on your iPhone XS Max.
Removing older cache files on the apps system could also help in fixing the problem as it will remove erratic data. This will also pave the way for newer files and information to be stored and refresh the apps system. To do this, refer to the steps listed below:
- Access Settings from the Home screen.
- Select General.
- Tap on iPhone Storage.
- Tap on Manage Storage.
- Select a file in Documents and Data.
- Drag unwanted files to the left and click on Delete.
- Tap on Edit, then select Delete All option to wipe out all of the app’s data.
It is recommended to reboot the device once cache are cleared. Then relaunch Facebook to verify if the issue has been rectified.
Fifth solution: Uninstall then reinstall the Facebook app on your iPhone XS Max.
Refreshing the whole app might be needed if the issue persists up to this point. Software errors may have severely affect the app’s system and caused a corrupted app. If that happens, it may not be susceptible to the procedures and getting a new one might be the answer to your problem. To refresh the entire app, uninstall and reinstall Facebook with these steps:
- From the Home screen, tap and hold on an app icon until the icons start jiggling.
- Tap the X on the app you want to delete.
- Select Delete to confirm the deletion of the selected app.
- Perform a restart on your iPhone.
- After the reboot process is done, open the App store from the Home screen.
- Tap on your profile icon then tap on Purchased.
- Tap the Not on This iPhone tab.
- Select the app that you want to reinstall on your device.
- If you don’t see the app from the selected tab, try switching to All tab.
After the re-installation has been completed, setup the Facebook app and use it to verify if it works as intended.
Still have a Facebook app that won’t load or open on your iPhone XS Max?
Factory reset, recovery mode restore and DFU mode restore may help in fixing the problem if none of the solutions above worked. Those methods are proven effective in dealing with complex system errors.
You can also contact Facebook app support and Apple support to get additional information and official recommendations on how to fix Facebook app that won’t load or open on iPhone XS Max after iOS 13.2 update.