This post will walk you through activating the iOS 16 Messages feature that allows you to share your name and photo in your contact details. Here’s a quick guide to enable name and photo sharing on the iPhone 14 Messages app.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 3 minutes
New iPhones allow you to personalize messages with your name and photo. Creating a custom photo and Memoji with the iOS 16 Messages app is pretty straightforward. Just follow the setup wizard to create a custom photo on your iPhone 14 that you can share with your contacts.
- First, open the iOS Settings app. Simply head over to the Home screen then tap on the Settings icon that’s represented by a gear-shaped image.
You can also access the Settings app shortcut icon from the App library. Either way will take you to the same settings menu with all system features and services.
- In the Settings menu, scroll down to find Messages from the list of items then tap on it to proceed.
The iOS Messages app settings will load up next. Here, you will see different options and features you can use to personalize your iPhone messages.
- Find Share Name and Photo from the given options then tap on it to continue.
The Messages Photo Sharing setup wizard will load up next.
- If prompted, set up the name and photo that you’d like to share.
Just tap the Choose Name and Photo button at the bottom of the setup screen.
- On the following screen, choose the photo that you want to share.
Just tap to mark your preferred photo from the given option then tap Continue.
- If prompted, tap Use to use the selected photo everywhere including your Apple ID and My Card in Contacts. Otherwise, tap Not Now.
To proceed with this guide, we’ll choose Use.
- On the succeeding window, you will see your custom profile with your selected photo and name. Navigate to the Share Automatically section then select whom you’d like to share your name and photo to. You may opt to choose between Contacts Only and Always Ask.
Select Contacts Only if you want to share your updated name and photo with people in your contacts the next time you send them a message. Select Always Ask if you want your phone to ask you before sharing your updated name and photo.
- When finished adding necessary details, tap Done at the bottom.
Your name and photo are now ready to show in the next messages you’ll send to your contacts from your iPhone 14.
- Apple iPhone 14
Edit/Change Photo to Share in Messages
You can also change or update your photo at any time when needed.
- To make necessary changes to your shared photo in Messages, just repeat the same steps to return to the Settings-> Messages settings menu then tap Share Name and Photo.
- On the next screen, you will see Edit beneath your current photo. Just tap on Edit then select a new photo that you want to use and share with your contacts.
- Don’t forget to tap Done on the upper-right corner to save and apply your new changes.
Your photo in Messages will be updated real-time. If you’ve set your device to use the same photo for your Apple ID and My Card in Contacts, the same photo will be used and reflected.
And that’s how you activate and use Name and Photo Sharing in Messages on the Apple iPhone 14 device.