This post will walk you through activating one of the most useful apps on the Apple iPhone 14 smartphone called Find My (formerly Find My iPhone). Here’s a quick guide to enable Find My app on the new iPhone 14 series.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 3 minutes
Find My or Find My iPhone is Apple’s very own device tracking service. It’s mainly used to locate, lock, or erase a lost or misplaced Apple device including the newest iPhone 14 series and supported accessories.
In order to make the device tracking possible, the Find My app has to be enabled on the missing device beforehand. That said, this should be deemed among the first features to activate on your newly purchased iOS device.
Depicted below is a step-by-step walkthrough on how to access and activate this feature on the new iPhone 14 smartphone. Feel free to refer to this guide whenever you need help.
- To begin, launch the iOS Settings app on your iPhone.
Just find the gear-shaped Settings icon from the Home screen or App library and then tap on it to open the app.
- While in the settings app menu, tap on your Apple ID header, typically your full name located on the topmost of the Settings menu.
Doing so will take you to your Apple ID menu with relevant features and services associated with your Apple account.
- Locate Find My from the given options then tap on it to proceed.
Relevant information will load up on the succeeding window.
- Tap Find My iPhone to continue.
The Find My iPhone menu opens next with the main toggle for you to turn the feature ON or OFF.
- To activate the app, simply tap to turn on the switch next to Find My iPhone.
When the switch turns green or highlighted, it denotes that the app is now enabled.
- Be sure to make the Send Last Location switch enabled so that your iPhone 14 will automatically send its location when the battery is critically low.
Simply tap to turn the switch next to Send Last Location under the Find My iPhone menu.
- Find My Network also needs to be enabled so that any device participating in the Find My network would be able to trace your iPhone 14 even when it is offline, in power reserve mode or powered off.
It’s enabled by default so you don’t have to change its setting unless you’ve disabled it already.
- Apple iPhone 14
How does the Find My app work?
To check and see how it works, try to locate your iPhone 14 using the Find My app on your other iPhone, iPad or Mac and see if it works.
Normally, the current or last known location of your device will be shown on a map in the Find My app.
You then can try playing a sound, send a message or issue a lock request with the Find My app. If you suspect that your device is stolen and you don’t want anyone to get access to your important files, you can use the Find My app to erase your device remotely.
If for some reason doesn’t appear on the map, verify and ensure that you’re signed in with the same iCloud account as the one with your iPhone 14. When finding your misplaced or lost iPhone 14 via Find My iPhone website, make sure that you’re using the same Apple ID with that on your iPhone. Otherwise, your iPhone 14 won’t be displayed.
And that’s it! Your iPhone 14 is now all set to be traced using the Find My app on your other Apple devices whenever you’ll have it misplaced or lost.