The YouTube app comes pre-installed on every new iPhone, providing quick access to YouTube’s massive library of videos. But you can delete the YouTube app from your iPhone entirely if you find it distracting or need to free up storage space. Thankfully, removing the YouTube app only takes a few taps. This guide outlines the steps to delete YouTube app from an iPhone.
Deleting an App from iPhone
When you delete an app on an iPhone, the app’s data and icon are removed from the home screen. However, the app’s data is permanently deleted after some time. Instead, the app is offloaded, and its data is retained if you decide to reinstall it later, allowing you to pick up where you left off.
To completely remove the app and its data, you can go to the App Store’s “Purchased” section, find the app, and tap the “Delete” button next to it.
Step 1: Locating the YouTube App
On an iPhone, app shortcuts can be found on the home screen or in the App Library, depending on your iOS version. On the home screen, you can long-press an app icon to reveal its shortcuts, while on iOS 14 and later, you can access the App Library by swiping to the leftmost screen to find categorized folders of app shortcuts.
The red YouTube app with a white YouTube logo is likely on your iPhone’s home screen for easy access. But if not, do this:
– Swipe left across your home screens to locate it.
– Use iOS search by swiping down on the middle of any screen to find and open YouTube quickly.
– Ask Siri, “Where is the YouTube app?” and she can open it for deletion.
Finding the app is the first step before removal.
Step 2: Deleting the YouTube App
When you delete an app from an iPhone, the app’s icon is removed from the home screen, and the app’s data is offloaded. This means the app itself is uninstalled, but its data is retained in case you decide to reinstall the app in the future, allowing you to resume where you left off.
There are different ways to delete an app from an iPhone. You can do so through the Home screen, via App Store, and through the iOS Settings.
To delete the YouTube app through the Home screen, follow these steps:
1. Press and hold your finger down on the YouTube app icon until the icons begin to shake and wiggle.
2. Tap the “X” delete button that appears in the top-left corner of the YouTube app icon.
3. Confirm you want to Delete the App when prompted.
4. The YouTube app will be removed from your iPhone’s home screen.
To delete the YouTube app via App Store, follow these steps:
- Open the App Store app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on Manage Apps & Devices.
- Tap on Uninstall Apps.
- Find the app that you want to delete and tap on the Delete button.
- Tap on Delete again to confirm.
To delete the YouTube app through the iOS Settings, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on iPhone Storage.
- Find the app that you want to delete and tap on it.
- Tap on Delete App.
- Tap on Delete again to confirm.
The method that you use to delete an app from your iPhone depends on your preference and the app that you want to delete. If you want to delete an app quickly, you can use the method through the Home Screen. However, if you want to see all of the apps that you have installed on your iPhone, you can use the method through the App Store or Settings.
And that’s all it takes to delete the app! Just a couple of quick taps.
What Happens When Deleted
When you delete an app from your iPhone, the app’s data is also deleted. This includes any photos, videos, messages, and other data that you have saved in the app. However, if you have made any purchases in the app, those purchases will still be available to you.
Here’s what exactly happens once the app is deleted:
– The YouTube app disappears from your home screen and no longer functions.
– Your YouTube app data, settings, and logged-in accounts will be erased.
– Your YouTube viewing history and preferences remain saved in your Google account.
So your account details remain intact for easy reinstallation later.
You can reinstall an app that you have deleted. To do this, open the App Store and search for the app that you want to reinstall. Tap on the app and then tap on Install. The app will be reinstalled on your iPhone.
Here are the outlined steps to restore the YouTube app in the future:
– Open the Apple App Store on your iPhone.
– Search for “YouTube” using the search bar at the bottom.
– Tap “Get” then “Install” to download and install YouTube again.
– Log into your Google account when opening YouTube to restore your data.
You can easily reinstall the app just like any other app download.
Alternative Video Apps
Instead of YouTube, consider alternative video streaming apps like:
– Vimeo for ad-free premium quality content.
– Twitch for live streaming gaming, sports, and more.
– Tubi and Pluto TV for on-demand movies and TV.
– Roku Channel and YouTube TV for cable-free live television.
Deleting the dedicated YouTube app can open doors to exploring other quality video services optimized for iPhone. The choice is yours!
Overall, removing YouTube from your iPhone frees up storage space, eliminates a distraction, and allows installing alternative video apps. The deletion process is quick and easy while still preserving your viewing history and preferences.
Deleting YouTube app from an iPhone FAQs
Q: How do I locate and find the YouTube app on my iPhone?
A: Swipe through your home screens, use iOS search by swiping down, or ask Siri, “Where is the YouTube app?” to quickly find the app for deletion.
Q: What is the easiest process to delete the YouTube app?
A: Press and hold the YouTube icon until the apps wiggle, then tap the “X” delete button on the YouTube app and confirm the deletion.
Q: Will deleting the YouTube app remove my account details and history?
A: No, your YouTube data, like logged-in accounts, preferences, and viewing history, will be preserved in your Google account after deletion.
Q: Can I reinstall the YouTube app after deleting it?
A: Yes, you can easily reinstall YouTube at any time by searching for it in the App Store and tapping Get and Install.
Q: Are there good alternative video apps I can use besides YouTube?
A: Some top options are Vimeo, Twitch, Tubi, Pluto TV, Roku Channel, and YouTube TV for premium, streaming and live TV video content.