This post will walk you through adding a custom password for your Notes on the latest iPhone models. Here’s a quick guide to create a custom password in Notes on the iPhone 14 series.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 3 minutes
You can lock your Notes on your iPhone 14 with a unique password to make it inaccessible by other people. Locking your notes on an iPhone is highly recommended especially if your notes contain some sensitive information.
Depicted below is a step-by-step walkthrough of creating a new password in Notes based on the iOS 16 settings. Feel free to refer to this guide whenever you need help in the process.
- First, open the Settings app on your iPhone.
Just navigate to the Home screen or App library of your iPhone then tap on the Settings icon that’s represented by a gear-shaped image.
- While in the iOS Settings menu, scroll down to find Notes from the given items then tap on it to continue.
Doing so will take you to the Notes app settings menu. Here, you will get to see a new set of items relevant to the Notes app functions and customization.
- Find Password from the given options then tap on it to proceed.
On the next screen, you will see different password options and methods.
- Choose the Password Method that you’d like to use to lock your notes.
You may choose between Use Device Passcode or Use Custom Password.
- If you set it to Use Device Passcode, you will be prompted to turn on iCloud Keychain in your iPhone Settings to use your device passcode for locked notes.
Just tap Go to Settings on the pop-up window then follow the rest of the onscreen instructions.
- If you set it to Use Custom Password, you will be asked to enter your locked notes password to update or change the password method.
Just type in the correct password for your locked notes then tap OK to proceed.
- If your Face ID is set up on your iPhone 14, you can add it as a way to manage your locked notes.
To do this, simply turn on the switch next to Use Face ID to activate this feature.
- If you want to update your existing password in Notes, tap Change Password.
On the succeeding window, you’ll be asked to provide all the required information. Just enter your Old Password, Password, Verify and Hint then tap Done to save your changes.
- Apple iPhone 14
There is also an option for you to reset Notes password so that you can create a new password for the notes that you lock from now on. Resetting the password however does not affect notes that already have a password.
Forgot your Notes Password?
Don’t forget to take note of your password as you’ll be needing it to unlock and access your locked notes in the future.
If you forgot it, you can use the Reset Password option in the Notes app of your iPhone.
- Just head over to Settings-> Notes menu then tap Password. Choose the Notes account that you want to change/reset password then tap Reset Password at the bottom.
- Enter the correct Apple ID password then tap OK. Finally, tap Reset Password again then enter a new password and password hint. You may also opt to use your device passcode instead. After making all necessary changes, tap Done.
Your Notes password is not changed and updated.
And that’s how you create a custom password in the iOS 16 Notes app, particularly on the new iPhone 14 smartphone.