This post will help you access the settings menu where you can view or check new iOS updates on the new iPhone SE 2020 handset. Read on for more detailed instructions.
One of the most important things you can do in order to maintain your iPhone’s security is to keep its software up to date. Apple typically releases periodic updates that contain special patches that are programmed to fix any existing bugs and so as to enhance system functions. Aside from security and bug fixes, other firmware updates are purposely rolled out to bring in new features.
iOS updates can be downloaded and installed wirelessly via Wi-Fi internet connection or manually through a computer via iTunes.
The following steps depict the process of viewing available updates on the new iPhone SE wirelessly.
Easy steps to view or check new iOS update on your new iPhone SE
Time Needed : 5 minutes
Before you proceed, verify and ensure that your iPhone is connected to the Internet preferably through a Wi-Fi network and has sufficient battery power. This is imperative given that software update download and installation could take longer, especially if the update comes with a big file size.
- When ready, navigate to the Home screen to access the app icons or shortcut controls. Then, tap on the Settings icon.
A new screen opens with a list of all basic and advanced iOS features you can enable or disable accordingly.
- Tap General to continue.
General settings and system functions will load up on the next display.
- To access the update menu, tap Software Update.
Another screen opens and the phone starts checking for new firmware updates.
If a new iOS version is available, you will be prompted with the new update information along with the on-screen instructions should you proceed to download and install the update right away.
- If your phone's software is updated,you will be prompted that your software is up to date instead, and the current software version is displayed.
In this case, you don't have to do anything given that your device is already running the latest iOS version.
You can also customize automatic updates according to your own preferences.
- Simply tap the option to customize automatic updates from the software update menu and then toggle the switches to enable or disable automatic download and installation of new iOS updates on your device.
Enabling this feature will prompt your device to automatically install software updates overnight after they've been downloaded completely. This therefore denotes the need for you to keep your iPhone sufficiently charged and connected to Wi-Fi in order to complete the update.
You will also get a notification before updates are installed.
- iOS 13.6
- Apple iPhone SE 2020
In the case where you encounter an error and the device couldn’t get to finish checking for updates, check your internet connection.
Random internet issues are usually the underlying cause. In cases, like this, a simple reboot on the phone and power cycle on the wireless router or modem is usually deemed a potential solution. And if that doesn’t work either, you may have to consider utilizing iTunes as an alternative solution.
And that covers everything in this short walk-through.
To view more comprehensive tutorials and troubleshooting videos on different mobile devices, feel free to visit The Droid Guy channel on YouTube anytime.
Hope this helps!
- How to check software version and updates for your Apple iPhone XR
- How to fix your iPhone that can’t update iOS, unable to install update, an error occurred while installing iOS 13
- iPhone Won’t Download Apps After iOS 13.3. Here’s the fix!